Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: wobblevision.... (after 12 pints on sunday...)  (Read 4850 times)

kitsophrenik

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • GET KILLED
    • its my facebook... innit! =)
wobblevision.... (after 12 pints on sunday...)
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »

hi!

i have aquired myself a 5.5 inch portable 9.v blk n white t.v!

i now wish to dismantle this and make a wobble vision... im prepared to get an electric shock... im not looking for one... but i feel its worth it!

the idea is to mount the wobble vision into a larger piece of hardware just as a visuall display/sci-fi kinda screen thingy-doo....

ive read all the tutorials and walktrhus etc... but im after some info on one of them multi-line in adapters
(the circuitbenders crew use them on their piks) ive also emailed yas  after some info...

just thort id post it up here anorl incase anyone had any tips/ideas tht mite help me along... ive read the walkthrus as i said and ive had a look through the forum....

also noticed tht vid of a wobblevision viewfinder of an old camera....awesome! .... tht may have to happen aswell!

cheers guys!

kitson. =)

KINETIC INDIVIDUAL TRAINED for SABOTAGE and ONLINE NULLIFICATION.....

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: wobblevision.... (after 12 pints on sunday...)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 02:34:20 PM »

If you're working on any screen with a CRT then i'd suggest that you definately want to be safe rather than sorry. Try opening up a VGA monitor, those 'WARNING 24,000 VOLTS' stickers are there for a reason! I don't know how much you'd get off a 5 inch screen  but i doubt it'd be much fun.

The terminals i use are just 4 way sprung terminals like you get on the back of hi-fi amps for the speaker connections. In fact i just bought a load from CPC as they are clearing them out for about 12p each at the moment;
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=CN0051861

I'd imagine you can get them from maplins or similar as well though.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

kitsophrenik

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • GET KILLED
    • its my facebook... innit! =)
Re: wobblevision.... (after 12 pints on sunday...)
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 03:35:58 PM »

riteo sound!

cheers for the help... ill have a look at it soon then... ive found some of them aux inputs on maplins.... not gonna bother with the bare wire ones cos the plan is to make this into a unit tht i can plug numerous bits of kit into so not just via speakerwire etc...

=)
KINETIC INDIVIDUAL TRAINED for SABOTAGE and ONLINE NULLIFICATION.....