Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sharing ideas  (Read 12086 times)

arron

• Way to much time on his hands
Sharing ideas
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:01:19 AM »

I was banned from this site for not agreeing to give my plans away for the Roland R-8 drum machine, then Paul decides to put up a vote page to see if I should be allowed back on the site. Which was awarded in my favour (oh the irony). I then came back on the site and gave full details on what I had found in the R-8, which happened to be listed by Circuit benders UK. as a machine that was unbendable.

I then went on to mention and publish an artical that I had found about protecting and copyrighting designs, this was included for the benefit of the serious circuit benders on the forum that had vision and ideas for the future. Those who did not take on board the benefits and advantages of the article then decided that I was wrong, because Circuit bending was not about making money, it was about sharing ideas and educating each other.

I managed to work through quite a lot of negative replies, but as you can imagine it was hard work, due to the closed minds of many of the members on this site. I managed to get banned again because of some of these issues.

I have now joined the forum again, using the same address as before and decided to take alook at what I had left in my wake. The funniest thing of all is the replies from Circuit benders to other peoples posts about giving away ideas and schematics... Paul says that he hates it when people do not find things out for themselves and take the easy route by asking other how to do it.

Paul, you win the prize for the biggest two faced twat on the site.

Now ban me for that and leave this post to let others see for themselves what a waste of time it was for me when I first came on here and talked to you about the R-8.

Arron Courts from S-CAT

Simon Vactrol

Re: Sharing ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »

So rude!!
:)

arron

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:25:54 AM »

I was being polite and factual, I might have to say it how it really is, then you may be entiltled to that comment. Or do you mean Paul that is the rude one?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:04 AM »

Once again i'm baffled by your behaviour Arron. Once again every single person on this forum manages to get on with each other perfectly well apart from you, who seems to have an overwhelming need to be obnoxious and offend people. I really don't understand your attitude, you really don't seem to understand the ideas behind this site AT ALL, in fact you really don't seem to have understood anything i've said.

Really, what are the chances that its ONLY YOU that has discovered some secret underhand two faced conspiracy by myself thats so cunning that nobody else has spotted it? In fact its so cunning that even I haven't spotted it! Why is it that NOBODY else has ever taken the same offence that you have?

The reason i ban you is because you drive people away from the site. Your prescence seems to cause arguements and bad feeling on the forum, and people don't want their inboxes full of vitriol from you. I'm guessing that most people would rather discuss circuit bending.

Once again you appear to be needlessly causing trouble and i afraid i don't understand why.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 12:11:14 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

arron

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

I am returning messages that cover the comments that have been left about me, I spend most of my time putting people right because they have miss-quoted me or have not understood what is being said to them.

You yourself seem to say one thing to me but then contradict yourself in a reply to another, I am just trying to get to the bottom of the argument and trying to make sense of it all myself.

You banned me on the last occassion because as far as I can tell, wrote a message that was asking if people wanted to come and work for us here at S-CAT. Correct me if I am wrong.

I joined this forum because it was for like minded people, but because I make money from the subject, I was made to feel unwelcome by the majority. I have given some valid info and contributed to the site in the way of...
Copyright issues, how to mod the Roland R-8, the DD-Series of drum machines, the Boss DR-55 and a quick and easy way to get a Circuit bent Dub siren.

The nature of Circuit bending is kept alive here at S-CAT, we do not new-build any machine, we just jump wires andfit new controls and yes we make good money, but we also work very hard. Our Youtube site alone is bringing the idea of circuitbending to a wider audience and that can only be a good thing for the majority.

If members were to talk to us in a good way then the conversations would be much lighter, but contempt breeds contempt.

Arron and Abi from S-CAT

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

Just joined the CB forum few days ago with the intent to talk of what i love most with other "circuitlovers"..hope to exchance ideas  and admire other people work in the most honest and genuine way possbile...This post by SCAT sound like career opportunity and a bit of verbal competition.......hope not to see much of those argument around.

Peace!

Six.

(This is my last reply on this post...bye!)
:)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »

well you seem to have got a couple of karma points out of it anyway  ;)

I can only apologise that this had to be your introduction to the forum.  :(

Does anyone else want to say anything before i lock this thread as being completely pointless?

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »

aaron you are showing your true colours again..........................Paul gives us all web space to discuss our circuit bending, he runs a business but he also helps people alot and for that i think we are all grateful, you show total disrespect scat but that is nothing new.  The first post i read by you was you refusing to divulge the bends on an r8 and that led to the r8 thread that ended up being 8 pages long and you even tried to get reid ghazala on board to back you up!, most of the other posts have been you winding people up or discussing economic strategies to make money and keep info yours. 

i think you need to grow up,  cause you have nothing worthwhile to bring to the table.   

kitsophrenik

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • GET KILLED
    • its my facebook... innit! =)
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:15:19 AM »

hehe i just realised...

scat means poo....

;D
KINETIC INDIVIDUAL TRAINED for SABOTAGE and ONLINE NULLIFICATION.....

Fatdave

• Eat right, exercise regularly, die anyway.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:35 PM »

And i thought I was an idiot.

Nice one Scatman.  :D
Never put a sock in a toaster

arron

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:55 AM »

hehe i just realised...

scat means poo....

;D

Clever man, have you also noticed that most Circuit Benders brand their machines with a derogotary name? We are no different.

arron

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »

aaron you are showing your true colours again..........................Paul gives us all web space to discuss our circuit bending, he runs a business but he also helps people alot and for that i think we are all grateful, you show total disrespect scat but that is nothing new.  The first post i read by you was you refusing to divulge the bends on an r8 and that led to the r8 thread that ended up being 8 pages long and you even tried to get reid ghazala on board to back you up!, most of the other posts have been you winding people up or discussing economic strategies to make money and keep info yours. 

i think you need to grow up,  cause you have nothing worthwhile to bring to the table.   

I am not trying to cover anything up here, yes you can see my true colours (like it or not). I came on the site and said I could mod the R-8 and refused to divulge, due to the info that I had about copyright. But lets not cover that again, as I am sure that you have read and understood the article.

But you can see on the site that I did post the info on the R-8, truth be known, it was not written down and on the night that I posted about the R-8 being bendable, I was in the process of opening the unit, it even says on one message that I had it on my lap. I was just about to post the info as requested, but tried to log in and found that I had been banned.

I am not here to knick ideas from others and just like to look in now and then to see what is being talked about in the Circuit bending world, sometimes a topic gets me and I have to respond in my true colours 9like it or not) especially the post that are talking about S-CAT.

It is a forum and that is how it works, message, reply....

I asked Paul for info on how to mod the MB-33, but he did not come across with the goods, perhaps it was because it was me, has anyone else asked for a detailed description from him and got the same reply?

Sorry Paul, if you are offended by my remarks, but it has been a two way argument/discussion betwwen us.

Arron

arron

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 09:09:38 AM »

If you feel the need to be on a forum, maybe try one that's business oriented. That's where your head is.

On that note, I hope maybe you'll loosen up a bit sometime, S-cat. You'd be happier :P Every post by you just screams "I can't chill out express myself in a way that isn't angry."

Have you read the first page of messages on the R-8 subject? Take a look at the first message that I recieved from paul... some welcome that was. I was not welcome because I sold circuit bent machines on ebay. I would have told anyone how to mod the R-8, I said to contact me directly. Paul was the one who was out of order, not me.

What happens now if I decide to publish all of our plans and schematics on this site, will I get banned for self promotion that way? Do you not think that If I had decided to put details up on the site at the start that that would have also looked like self promotion to Paul?

I just saw it that Paul did not want S-CAT on the site, because of his own business, which this forum is a front for.

Arron from S-CAT

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 11:59:44 AM »

Well i have to admire your persistance even if it is somewhat annoying. I think if i visited a forum where every single person seemed to hold a different opinion to me and seemed to think i was a pain in the ass, if i kept getting banned and if my presence just seemed to cause trouble, then i might possibly realise that perhaps it wasn't the place for me and visit a different forum. The internet is a big place after all and it can't be much fun having a whole load of people think that you're a major irritation on a daily basis.

If you could possibly look at some actual facts for a change aaron. The reason i never handed out full details of the MB33 mods was because i asked for a decent quality photo of the board so i could mark them on there. I didn't actually have one to hand at the time and curiously i wasn't about to go out and buy one just to satisfy your desire to prove me wrong. You never sent me a photo so what am i meant to do exactly? By the way, the reason that MB33 you sold on ebay that someone got shipped directly to me for mods didn't work properly, was because you reassembled the case wrong and the +5v power line was shorting to the side panel when the back was off.  ;)

If you want to refer back to that R8 thread yet again. I think we all know that you'd previously posted a few threads that i had to remove because of the blatent self promotion and putting up links to your ebay site despite being asked not to. We also all know that you went back and edited all your posts on the first page of the thread, so i really don't see what your point is.

I don't understand this accusation that this forum is just a front for my business. Why on earth would i bother? If i'm so business oriented as you seem to think, what exactly is in it for me to have people discussing how to do mods that i might make money from doing for them? Wouldn't i do better to discourage all discussion of circuitbending? 90% of people on here aren't going to be buying anything from me anyway as they are perfectly capable of doing stuff themselves. You really should think this stuff through before making accusations.  ::)

Whats the point in argueing on here, its not going to change anything and it just creates bad vibes?

If you wish to contribute to any thread about circuit bending then thats fine Arron, next time you start a thread like this or about your money making empire or start making pointless sarcastic little digs at people then you'll be warned and banned. That goes for anyone else as well. I'm not going to have this forum destroyed by people thinking they can demonstrate their lack of social skills and get away with it just because the internet is faceless.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:49:45 PM by Circuitbenders »