Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Newbie saying hello and with a question  (Read 4915 times)

stusvend

Newbie saying hello and with a question
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »

Hello from the other side of the pond.  I live in Nashville, TN USA. (capitol of country music.. yeah, circuit bending is real popular  ::) )  Thanks for the forum.  Lots of useful tips, tricks and inspirational devices around here.  I find that places like this are more useful than any technical manuals or books available.  So, I appreciate it.

So I wanted to add some fresh sounds to my new record and I came upon circuit bending during my ramblings of the interwebs.  I have become instantly infatuated.  I swiftly destroyed the first two toys I bought but I have found good usable bends in the third.  It is a Vtech talking desk thing with an animal/farm kind of theme to it... seems pretty much the same as the other vtech desk things though.

Here is my question about it.  There are a couple of glitch bends that I want use body contacts for.  What I'm finding though is that the bend will just glitch out like mad when I ALMOST touch the contact, but as soon as I actually do touch it, the sound interupts and it goes silent.  Would I be right in supposing that if I add a resistor inline to the body contact, I would be able to actually touch the contact WITHOUT the sound interrupting?  If so, what size resistor would you recommend?  Would a trim-pot be better or should I keep it simple as a newbie?

Thanks again for the awesome site.  I hope to learn a lot around here.  Also, I do respect the "search" function as I'm sure people tire of answering the same questions but I looked and wasn't able to find an answer to this question.  Thanks though.  See ya. ;D

JohnnyLongarms

• Johnny Longarms' Blog
Re: Newbie saying hello and with a question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »

I'm probably more of a noob than you, but since no one else replied, I will!

Toss a pot in that summabitch!

I dono :) Why not?
~JLA