Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ma petite maison enchanté Vtech (R.I.P)  (Read 5398 times)

druzz

• Way to much time on his hands
ma petite maison enchanté Vtech (R.I.P)
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:59:05 PM »

ma petite maison enchanté R.I.P. (circuit bent toy)

this was my second circuit bent piece but unfortunatly it died a couple hours after the operation , at least i managed to have fun with it and do this little video to remember my temporary succes. 

found a pitch bend and one crazy glitch point wich i assume is responsable for the death if its not becasue of bad soldering skills.

the crazy glitch  did all kinds of speed up random sounds before sort of crashing the system and falling into oscillation in a way reminiscent of a  APC. i am wondering if that is wath killed it .  should we avoid such phenomenon ??

you can see an exemple of what i'm talking about at the end of the video
if its not broken , brake it

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: ma petite maison enchanté Vtech (R.I.P)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »

With vtechs you might find what looks like a resistor in a piece of tubing which acts as a fuse. Just bridge it and it might come back to life.

If you put in a timmer pot in line with the pitch pot you can probably prevent it from crashing at the pitch extremes. Or use a switch to turn the trimmer pot on or off so you can make it crash if you want.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

druzz

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: ma petite maison enchanté Vtech (R.I.P)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »

thank for the tip . mom and dad are back in buisness !! i bridged the fuse like you said and everything works now .

i would like to understand what happens when the circuits goes crazy and falls into oscillation .  its wonderfull . is it common and is there a name for this ??(for further reference).   i guess we could say the circuit becomes an oscillator .

heres the fuse   

and heres the bridge that saves the day   

these are pics of the bends i did on it

if its not broken , brake it