Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Karma  (Read 8274 times)

arron

• Way to much time on his hands

How does the Karma part of this site work? I leave messages that are far from offensive but the points just go down. Is it based on the missunderstanding of what is written in front of you? If you agree then please deduct one point.

Thankyou.

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: Karma
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:05 PM »

i'm afraid that costed you another point  ;D

arron

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:17:54 PM »

i'm afraid that costed you another point  ;D

That proves my point then?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »

Having given out a larger total of negative feedback than anyone else on this forum i'm surprised you don't know how it works arron.  ::)

Its democracy in action.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

arron

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

Having given out a larger total of negative feedback than anyone else on this forum i'm surprised you don't know how it works arron.  ::)

Its democracy in action.

What is my total? I tend to leave negative after receiving it and reading messages that knock what I am saying. And most of the negatives that I get are just for the hell of it rather than for good reason. But I am sure that I can live with that. Can you see where I have left negative feedback for other members and why I did? I do not leave it for members who have something valid to say or un-offensive do I ?

Have you read the post about the Moog challenge? If you read the rules of the competition then you will see that you have to sign over your rights to your winning entry and any submitted plans/info. This has got to show that the copyright issues that I wrote about stands true? They would not want you to assign rights if there was nothing to gain or own would they?

I really think that most people that got involved with the discussion on the copyright issues misunderstood what was being said and this fuelled the negative feedback.

Arron

Ciderfeks

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:02:03 PM »

Have you read the post about the Moog challenge? If you read the rules of the competition then you will see that you have to sign over your rights to your winning entry and any submitted plans/info. This has got to show that the copyright issues that I wrote about stands true? They would not want you to assign rights if there was nothing to gain or own would they?

At the risk of splitting this thread - I did go and read those entry rules for the Moog comp after reading Arron's post and it does seem odd. It's standard issue terms and conditions with remix competitions run by various popsters and the like, but then they own the copyright of the original material anyway, or at least their labels do. Moog couldn't claim rights to a bend done on another companies original product surely? I imagined it was more to do with future advertising campaigns or something where by they could feature either the aesthetic or sound of your creation without crediting the bender etc. Or maybe they want to get in on the scene and publish the "Moog Music Book of Circuit Bending" full of schematics or something... But yes a weird one. It would've been better if they gave all entrants a Moog product to bend, then I'd understand them claiming the rights - it'd be a mass R&D exercise for them in the creative use of their electronics  ;) 

arron

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »

. Moog couldn't claim rights to a bend done on another companies original product surely?

You might want to now go back and look at the detailed post that I added about copyrights, It mentions the joint copyright ownership deal, where the new electronics are merged with an existing product to create a new unit. Say, just for arguments sake, the Roland R-8. I enter my unit into the competion, win the set of pedals but then assign my drawings/schematics to Moog. They could then approach Roland and join forces on releasing a Moog enhanced R-8 drum machine. Not such a good prize after all.

Do you see now that I posted a decent thread and have stuck to my guns on this site, take notice it all makes sense.

Arron

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 02:16:03 AM »

Do you see now that I posted a decent thread and have stuck to my guns on this site, take notice it all makes sense.

i could have sworn that the general consensus was that it made no sense whatsoever, but heres the thread if anyones interested  ;)

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,982.0.html
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool