Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: by the way i have to say ....  (Read 16095 times)

brotherjames

by the way i have to say ....
« on: November 12, 2005, 04:41:37 PM »

.. that speak and math i got from you guys is great. it took me a while to figure out how to use it properly but i'm starting to get to grips with it now. ace :)

phenso

Re: by the way i have to say ....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 08:12:18 PM »

Just dropped in to say...ummm...GREAT updated site! Motivates me to clean this "workshop" and get a site of my own. Thank you for helping us out with schematics, and other technical questions. I'll post pictures and schematics of my own stuff too. You guys are really taking things up a notch. Here's our mini-site if anyone is interested.

http://www.rubbermonkey.org/circuitbending/index.htm Please check out our photos...it's a laugh.

My name is Tom Stephenson...thus the "alias" Phenso

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 03:05:59 AM »

Thanks for the compliments, we're always willing to help out people that understand how absurd this all is.  ;)

Circuitbending should be a laugh, I fail to see how someone can take themselves seriously while attempting to synthesize the sound of an elderly woman castrating a cat in a washing machine falling down the stairs. Or something like that  ;D
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:16:47 AM »

What the hell is a 'talking bottle opener'? I have an image in my head and its the most gratuitous bit of pointless technology i can imagine. I can think of a few things where it talking would be a plus point but a bottle opener is not one of them. ;)

Do you mean the Yamaha MR10? The MU10 is a horrible little XG general midi thing isn't it?
I've been meaning to get hold of an MR10 for some time but never seem to get around to it.

You'll be gald to know theres a virtual one here http://www.keyboardmuseum.com/d_machines/mr10.html

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »

Just adding a line in and line out would be enough for that voice changer. For those who can't afford modulator/phaser pedals....
I got a cheapo voice changer from a carboot sale for 50 pence.  I'm yet to mess with it though.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 02:10:33 PM »

You can get some brilliant low grade pitch shifting effects from these things. The reason these things are usually labelled  as 'alien voice changers' or whatever isn't because they are meant to sound like that, its more like the pitch shifting is so cheap and lumpy it just happens to sound alien.

But yes, pull out the circuit, mount it in a box, add line in and out and replace the pitch pot with a pitch resistor and you've got one of those 'custom built' voice manglers that someone keeps selling on ebay for £65 a go.

FEEL THE PROFIT MARGIN! :D

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »

Could be interesting to mount it in another bent instrument. But I think I may get one of those for soem amusement.