Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MeeBlip - these look like fun  (Read 17986 times)

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
Re: MeeBlip - these look like fun
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 06:04:49 AM »

they working on a new one not sure if its done,  at the moment I decided to go more analog then cpu synths but I do have a pic synth I am thinking of doing ( have the chip) but they are a good synth to start with ..

ScissorFeind

• My bleerg.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 02:10:49 AM »

since building this I have decided that all of the hullabullooo about analog vs digital is hogwash.
I think if you are looking for a challenge, a presentation piece or something to look after and baby, then they are both the same. If you are looking for something that has a specific sound quality, you can use either to the same ends.

I might just be biased cuz I use the computer and I can make anything sound like anything.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

you've built a $50 digital toy synth, and that has lead you to the conclusion that analog and digital are more or less the same?

Fair enough, that explains why Moog are virtually penniless and nobody uses analogue modulars anymore then.......... oh, wait!  ;)  ;D

Anyone want my TR909? It turns out you can do the same thing on a computer.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

ScissorFeind

• My bleerg.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 09:17:45 PM »

you've built a $50 digital toy synth, and that has lead you to the conclusion that analog and digital are more or less the same?

Fair enough, that explains why Moog are virtually penniless and nobody uses analogue modulars anymore then.......... oh, wait!  ;)  ;D

When you say it like that it makes it sound sad...
But yes, Apple is probably the leading company in musical hardware right now.
Too bad I cant afford any of it....

I would but I dont really have anywhere to keep it  :P

I dont mean to say anything about anyone elses preferences, you gotta do what you want. Personally however, not worth the price.

I think one appealing thing about analogy things is that they often look way cuter, which is very important. That is also the exciting thing about all the neato new controllers coming out. Its way more fun to play with a huge grid of blinky buttons than a computer mouse.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:41:29 PM by ScissorFeind »

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 07:09:28 AM »

Fair enough, that explains why Moog are virtually penniless and nobody uses analogue modulars anymore then.......... oh, wait!  ;)  ;D

When you say it like that it makes it sound sad...
But yes, Apple is probably the leading company in musical hardware right now.
Too bad I cant afford any of it....

I would but I dont really have anywhere to keep it  :P

I dont mean to say anything about anyone elses preferences, you gotta do what you want. Personally however, not worth the price.

I think one appealing thing about analogy things is that they often look way cuter, which is very important. That is also the exciting thing about all the neato new controllers coming out. Its way more fun to play with a huge grid of blinky buttons than a computer mouse.
first thing I ask have you got any analog hardware ?? I built a dual version of the meeblip and its ok was a fun project and was my first synth I built but for me it was my first electronic project I built on my own .. but when you have analog hardware it cannot be cloned unless must be lots of ebay guys are fools in buying analog hardware :).
I have a Arturia Minlab also I have Drumazon and Phoscycon which are the best vst plugins it's a tool but I would not sell my xoxbox's

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 12:49:17 PM »

The analogue vs digital argument is ridiculous. After all, you can do something with anything!  ;)

Its only when you try to emulate one with the other that things get a bit unconvincing. You couldn't do big orchestral strings with a SH101, but then you couldn't do huge fat analogue bass with a computer. Actually, you could probably try and do either of those things, and it'd probably sound completely convincing, right up until you used the real thing!

Everything is a tool for some kind of job.  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:19:49 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

ScissorFeind

• My bleerg.
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 10:38:18 PM »

The analogue vs digital argument is ridiculous. After all, you can do something with anything!  ;)

Its only when you try to emulate one with the other that things get a bit unconvincing. You couldn't do big orchestral strings with a SH101, but then you couldn't do huge fat analogue bass with a computer. Actually, you could probably try and do either of those things, and it'd probably sound completely convincing, right up until you used the real thing!

Everything is a tool for some kind of job.  :)

Agreed!

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »

He's right you know.  Analogue synths are massively overrated.  Digital synthesis surpassed the ability of analogue synths a long time ago.  I like the analogue stuff I have, some of it quite sought-after, but I always end up using my Novation Xiosynth instead.

I don't know why people are so obsessed with Moogs.  They're terrible synths, and the filters sound awful.  They make one sound, that big farty Moog "BWAAAP" filter sweep, with no subtlety to be found.  Utter shite.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.
Pages: 1 [2]