Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dub shot noise box project....  (Read 15790 times)

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
Re: Dub shot noise box project....
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 04:30:32 AM »

i didn't know picasso said that...

good points here. i do pretty decent soldering, and clean for the most part. i try to get to where i do not have to use my de-soldering devices, though i do from time to time.

ramseykits.com has a good variety of kits. oscillators even! and other noise making things...i could see bending things like that into musical instruments! ;-)

"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

kitsophrenik

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • GET KILLED
    • its my facebook... innit! =)
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

As is ive got two bids on sum faulty c64's on t'ebay and ive just bloody found one on me loft!!!
KINETIC INDIVIDUAL TRAINED for SABOTAGE and ONLINE NULLIFICATION.....

kitsophrenik

• GET KILLED
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »

Still confused about hower to power the seperate boards with the same power supply ... Can any one link me to a scematic or tutorial on how to do this... Im gonna need to power the siren, the lazor circuits and sum l.e.d's or sumts....

Brrr headbox!

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 11:49:56 PM »

How would you power more than one of anything from the same power supply?

Without knowing what kind of voltages the different bits take, it's hard to say.  If they all run off 9V, for instance, you could just wire them all in parallel across some sort of 9V supply.  If they take different voltages, you'll need to devise some sort of voltage regulator for them.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

kitsophrenik

• GET KILLED
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »

Well the car alarm im using is 12v but works fine with 9v, the toys are gonna be bowt 6 to 9v so im guessing that its gonna work.... Is there any where i can view a scematic for wiring the power up in series so the functions dont duck out when used simultainously (or however tht is spelt!?) ???????

Gordonjcp

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 01:20:34 AM »

You can't wire them up in series.  This is exactly what I was talking about when I was ranting about people not knowing enough theory ;-)

kitsophrenik

• GET KILLED
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 05:50:40 PM »

Mmmm im begginig to see... Am i correct in thinking if i cant wire them up in series then if i wired up a transistor or something i could power them all individually.. An just have one big fat cable coming out the back going off to the mains...!?

I get how some noob like me mite annoy people on the forum by askin questions about stuff that could be viewed as simple but im not likelist to be able to learn a shedload of theory to be honest i dont have the time/inclanation... Lol

Im just wanting to avoid having to have more than one power supply! Cos so far the dub box is looking good! Got my steel front plate done and got the c64box sorted, got a siren sorted.. Couple of noise circuits done... Really just waiting  For the postman to get me a sfx toy thru... Also this dammd isue of powering the unit!!!?!

Im considering once ive got this prototype done i mite build a couple of sister units.. For t flogg!

=D

Gordonjcp

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

Not quite...

What you need to do is devise a voltage regulator to provide the right voltage for each thing, and run them all off a common supply.  I think from what you said earlier the highest voltage anything in there needs is 12V so you can run that straight off a 12V supply, with the others running off 9V or 6V or whatever else regulators as appropriate.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »

I get how some noob like me mite annoy people on the forum by askin questions about stuff that could be viewed as simple but im not likelist to be able to learn a shedload of theory to be honest i dont have the time/inclanation... Lol

hmmm, no offense intended but you've got to consider that if you don't have the time or inclination to learn any theory as basic as this, maybe people won't have the time or inclination to help you out! I'm quite happy to help people out but i'm not going to do their homework for them  ::)

Didn't i send that to you in a PM?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

kitsophrenik

• GET KILLED
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »

Yeah u did.. An im onnit im just not up to speed.. If people dont want me asking questions then i wont! But we cant all start with a million stars/karma etc!

Ive got tht nic collins book and have allready done a fair bit of bending and also a couple of build from scratch kits n bits.. Maybe inclanation was the wrong word... I havnt thort about anything else since i started tgis project! Infact i think my mrs mute be thinking of sacking me off to be honest....

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »

don't worry about it. Basic questions are fine, it can just be a bit difficult to answer things sometimes if someone asking a question doesn't have a fundamental understanding of exactly what they are asking, if that makes any sense   :-\

As i said in another thread recently, someone could explain to me the workings of a certain bit of a car engine but it probably wouldn't mean anything to me, as i have no real basic understanding of how an engine is put together or what any of it actually does!  :-[

There's a fair amount of information on basic regulated power supply circuits around the net and they are pretty easy to put together.

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

kitsophrenik

• GET KILLED
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 03:17:38 AM »

Yeah.. Reckon ive got it sorted naw... =D

I normally wouldnt bother building ote this advantages but ive been wanting one to use with my dub setup for a while... Cudnt find ote t buy so im jus gonna try n bang sumts tgetha!

I just like dismantling kids toys!
Pages: 1 [2]