Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: parrobot  (Read 11795 times)

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
parrobot
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »

right up for grabs i have 1 parrobot!  if you look at my profile pic that is parrobot-i have 3 of the little munchkins, 1 i have circuit bent by putting an 8 way patchbay just above his tail, in/out and a pitch for the preset samples in there (the preset samples are crap/ridiculous).  The quirky thing about him is he has a built in sampler, that records for 10 seconds then plays back twice what was recorded then goes silent while it records then plays back then records, you get the picture!

i tested the three i have and they all work so i'm giving 1 away to some lucky (lol) person.  You can mangle the sample chip and he spews out distorted evilness.  They are quite awkward to work on.

the person that emails me (email on profile) with the best reason why they want him, can have him for postage  8)

for postage purposes i live in scotland if that may affect your decision and also he is for personal use only  :o no flogging him on ebay, parrobots have feelings too!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:28:34 AM by electoyd »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: parrobot
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:41:34 PM »

must.......resist......

I have a horrible feeling this section could end up filling up my house rather than emptying it  :(
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

moordenaar

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »

OMG now that's ridiculous !  ;D

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »

did i mention his eyes are flashing leds  :o

and incase anyone is wondering parrobot is about 8" tall and yeah he is ridiculous but quite good fun.

druzz

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:40:45 PM »

is there any chance we can see your bent parrobot in action ?? looks like a very cool toy . i'm tempted to email you  but its not like i have nothing to bend ( its really not like that ).
if its not broken , brake it

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »

mmm tough call mainly because i'm really bizzy at present and i had to force myself to take a bit of time out even just to put batts in to test it.  Basically there is a red button on the front that when you press it a little flap in the front flips down with a mic and led behind it and it starts recording, then after 10 secs it starts playing whatever it has recorded twice also the head moves from side to side and it eyes flash, you can put an input and output on it so you can record anything into it.  Also the sample chip is non surface mount so you can do point to point mangling with it easily.  sure there is probably a way that you could turn it into a regular sampler with a button to play and record so you dont have the constant recording and playing, but i quite like that.  
Above all it would look pretty cool in any set up and maybe encourage someone to bend something abit diff from the norm sk, speak & blah toys, just abit of fun really.  I'm not after some long winded reason just something like i'm skint or i want to try something different, whatever really.  Its free and thats why i'm offering it here so that someone else with more time can put info/video up here.  I dont really do that much circuit bending any more mainly building, but i still like talking about it and encouraging others.  Really surprised no one has snapped this up  ;D

edit-he's gone to a new home now
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 12:24:31 PM by electoyd »

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »

..the reason why i will like a parrotbot would be:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'("i really feel lonely those days..and i always wanted a parrotbot to break the silence  that surroundz me..i Promise i will feed him with the best rechargeable battery and install a line ouuhT!! on his bottom so everyone can hear him singing happy noises!!.If i need home then!! YEa!!  he has found the best nest with me in my house!!!
I already have a name for him.....Giulianus!!

;)

SV

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:24:44 AM by Simon Vactrol »
:)

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »

since you asked so nicely Simon you can have the other spare one i have, as this one has gone already.  Will i just send it with the drum machine?

easy now

Simon Vactrol

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »

;D
:)