Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Building a LTC1799 oscillator on stripboard - simple tutorial  (Read 23227 times)

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Building a LTC1799 oscillator on stripboard - simple tutorial
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »

Actually, on the SK1, I think on mine I've had the power switch not switching off thing when it's crashed... I think it wants a more solid reset. I expect you've tried this already, but have you taken the batteries out and put them back in again?

Also, if you don't have the 22k pot for the SA, a 47k will still have a good range.

Paul - you still got plenty of the LTCs in? My stash will be running out soon so looking to buy a bunch from you in the next couple of months :)

alienized

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 10:54:37 PM »

Hi,
I changed the crystal (taking one from a working SA-5) but the PT-88 (which uses the same crystal)  did not come back to life. And its crystal works perfectly on the SA-5.
I checked voltages coming out of the LTC module to see if it could fry something but it never goes above 3V (at least that's what my voltmeter reads, but it has no peak function).
I noticed that some of the caps have a greeny sticky thing that holds some of them together but I don't think this is leakage as they are not swollen or anything.
I'm going to open a new subject as I may have more luck this way...

wax+wire

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2013, 07:12:31 AM »

After playing around today I had some success on bending my SK5 Casio with this.

I didn't remove the original coil, just found a point which affected the pitch on the coil.

I used a 0.4uF cap and resistance above 6K seemed to get some nice effects - but at no point did i get a musical octave style bend.  at most a few pitches and then into noise territory

also, it needed to be disconnected before turning on the SK5 else you'd get no sound.

will keep playing around
Pages: 1 [2]