Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: UNBENDABLE MACHINES list here.  (Read 62098 times)

druzz

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: UNBENDABLE MACHINES list here.
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 06:17:53 AM »

you could try sticking some low value resistor in line with your glitch bends, or possibly a diode, but i doubt it will help much. Leapfrogs are just a pain.

i am working on a leap frog rigth now .  its really time consuming to achieve simple things . the design is odd but its an interresting ecxperience to work with it . it forces me to think differently . closing back the original shell is out of question and i even needed a saw to to remove the speaker wich is still in its little piece of shell ... its not comming out .   i'm am currently designibg my first pcb ever wich will be some sort of controll surface with a DIP switches and odd trimmers so its kind of exithing .

but yeah leapfrog's ARE a pain  or lets say a challenge  ;).

i willl hesitate before buying an other one
if its not broken , brake it

iwillbeacircuitbender

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 09:12:04 PM »

Super Speak&Spell 1991  and  Super Speak&Math 1991:  both are nearly unbendable. (catweazle)
Not according to bogus:noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CddQWyh-wGI

iwillbeacircuitbender

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:22 PM »

"Yamaha PSS-30: One of the most unbendable chips ever (someone on this forum)"

Well I'm just here to say that I'm the proud owner of 3 of these baby's and I will be doing some serious in depth bending on this series when I get home from school next week. My goal is to seriously ruin this keyboards evening. So I'll probably post what I'm able to find/not find sometime in the next 3 weeks or so.

Oh, the PSS-30 is bendable all right, just listen to what freeform delusion did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYohyYcVd8

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 07:34:40 PM »

Super Speak&Spell 1991  and  Super Speak&Math 1991:  both are nearly unbendable. (catweazle)
Not according to bogus:noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CddQWyh-wGI
Heheh, months and months later, but just saw this post :-)

Yeah, they're doable, but tricky! The pitch was an LTC. Loads of points on the glitchy section just crash the thing.

In a way this 'unbendable machines' thread can be dangerous. Less experienced benders can come in and post something is impossible to bend, and someone else can say 'well, actually...'
On Facebook someone claimed something was unbendable because it had SMD components, and I've done a couple of beasty things with SMD! I had to reply with "SMD can still give great results, it just makes stuff more fiddly."

Another risk is that sometimes you get multiple versions of a toy. The Alphabet Desk Phonics is a prime example - there's one version with a tiny rectangular board, and another with a larger square board with loads of through-hole components. The former one doesn't do anything that I found (I went very in depth with what there was to work with), and the latter pitches and glitches with ease!

iwillbeacircuitbender

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »

Yamaha PSS 380- This is NOT unbendable. I've done a lot of connections between the RAM and ROM chips. Once crashed, the thing can go nuts if you persistenly short it
And I know someone here will say "Dude, you should totally do the FM data line bend, it is much better"
Pages: 1 2 [3]