Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: have i fried my sk1?  (Read 4200 times)

neut

have i fried my sk1?
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:01 PM »

I've been trying to sort out the pitch control with my sk1 i havn't been fiddling to much the odd crash here and there which has resulted in me turning the sk1 on and off quite a few times. I now cannot switch the thing off and I'm getting no sound whatsoever, the power light is left on. i've put a multimter on the board and I'm getting power right across it, needless to say I'm pretty gutted at the moment as I was getting close to finishing my project. if anyone has an ideas as to what has happened I'd really appreciate it.

many thanks

John

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: have i fried my sk1?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »

If you try and run it with the pitch control out of its usable range it won't start up properly, or it could be that you've broken the power switch. Its pretty common on an SK1 that it gets mysteriously locked up and the power light stays on when the power switch is off. Usually turning it on and off a few times will fix it but not if the power switch is buggered.

Alternatively, turn it off and try discharging all the caps by shorting their pins together, especially that big one over by where the batteries wire in.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

neut

Re: have i fried my sk1?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:46:57 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply, i found that I'd got a little too enthusiastic with the solder and shorted the board ,magnifying glass showed this :). So once I'd desoldered it powered up fine.. phew!!.

All systems go again, can't wait to get this finished lol. Just need to see how to actually have the pitch/tempo slow down rather than speed up.

Thanks
again

John