Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Speakquencer  (Read 9900 times)

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
The Speakquencer
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:40:07 PM »

Here's my first post in the brand new section, and it's my biggest and most complex build yet...
This was commissioned by a guy in Belgium. He wanted a sequencer box to control the pitches of Speak & Spells for his performances. Along the way it's turned into quite a bit more. Now featuring two CV channels with glide, two gate switch channels, a dual gate to trigger converter, two AR envelopes and two VCAs! It was also going to run on two 9v batteries but as it grew the power needs became too great. So now there's an MFOS bipolar power supply in there too.

Here's a video of it in prototype form. I built all the sections up individually as this helped me work on each bit by itself and work through how it was all going to connect.

The Speakquencer [2nd prototype]

I've ripped out the guts of an old, defunct (I think) PS2 to house it all. It just about fits!

Testing out component placement:

Final build is under way at the moment, and here's how it's currently looking. Tantalisingly close! A few bits to tidy up, but it's not far off now...
Has taken a bit longer than expected, but it's been a lot of fun and although frustrating at times, I've learned a lot along the way. And with the prototype, I'm going to rehouse it in Eurorack format, and make it the beginnings of my very own modular synth :D

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:41:50 PM by Bogus Noise »

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
Re: The Speakquencer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »

Great googally moogally. Give this boy some karma!
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »

Great googally moogally.
Hahahaha, love it :D

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:07 PM »

thats a speak n spell Plus!-good work dude cool to see folk thinking outside the box.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »

Thats just superbly ridiculous! Excellent work!  ;D

I wish i still had the time to spend ages building stuff like that. Outrageously over the top mods like that are exactly why i got into circuitbending in the first place.  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 12:01:18 AM »

thats a speak n spell Plus!-good work dude cool to see folk thinking outside the box.
Cheers! Literally 'outside the box', in this case ;)

Thats just superbly ridiculous! Excellent work!  ;D

I wish i still had the time to spend ages building stuff like that. Outrageously over the top mods like that are exactly why i got into circuitbending in the first place.  ;)
Thanks!
Yeah, time's been an issue on this as well, pushed all sorts of other things back! But enjoyed and learnt a few things I needed to learn anyways, so it's all good. Just gotta do the final tweak and stuff now!