Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's your workflow//How do you use circuit bent instruments  (Read 14511 times)

noiseybeast

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: What's your workflow//How do you use circuit bent instruments
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 02:16:02 PM »

The s2000 allows for any sample to be assigned to any key.  The keygroup thing is for spreading out samples to different ranges.   

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »

This is one major downside of hardware samplers. You have to learn the language of the sampler. Personally i don't speak Akai very well so it takes me a while to navigate around. I'm fluent in Emu though, and could get the same thing done in about 1/10th of the time. As for Yamaha, don't get me started...........  ::)

I can't remember what sampler or make of samplers it is, but something out there uses the term 'extract and delete' for what Emu would term 'truncate' or Akai call 'trim', basically deleting useless audio either side of the start end end points in a sample. It took me ages to figure out what i was even meant to be looking for in the manual with that one!
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 09:10:09 PM »

an s2000 is 16 part multitimbral and you can assign a sample to each key c-2 all the way up to b8 ! multiply that by 16 and thats a lot of samples

the architecture goes like this

program - a program has its own midi channel and is made up of keygroups  and  any samples you put into a program will share an fxbus if you have one 

keygroup -- you can make a keygroup either one key or a group of keys an octave for example you can have as many keygroups as you have keys c-2 to b8 you can also overlap them or whatever

each keygroup has up to four layers which are divided by velocity and can be set by you so you could take four conga hits for example assigning first velocity 0- 31 second 32-63 third 64 95  fourth 96-127

M4RK

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:10:37 AM »

Selfpreservatiom made an interesting point about not using bent instruments live. It crossed my mind about potentially blowing horns playing a bent instrument through them but I kinda brushed that off. I'm with Paul though on being "old school" about my hardware. Maybe I'm too stubborn to get past the learning curve with all the overproduced fill in the box software or maybe I just like to spend all my hard earned money on something I can touch, but I love twisting knobs, flipping switches and pushing buttons.

I just picked up a Boss DR. 550 MKI I planned on using on stage after I bent it IF I can some good stuff out of it. I'm sure I'll bring some more stuff up there as well. As cool as dubstep is, or how badass Kraftwerk is, I know I'M not gonna pay good money to watch a couple assholes stand on stage with laptops when I could be watching some maniac up there freaking out on a bent "obsolete" piece of electronic equipment.
Pages: 1 [2]