Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Easy reverb idea.  (Read 7527 times)

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
Easy reverb idea.
« on: November 17, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »

So this idea just popped into my head so I decided to sketch up a little diagram. There's plenty of DIY reverbs made with slinkys but in my opinion [though they sound pretty good] they're not practical. It would be a real pain in the ass to have to tear it down every time you needed to move it, especially if you were in a gigging band or something. You could always box it up, but slinky's a freakin' long.

So what's my idea? Well have you ever put a piece of PVC tubing up to your mouth and used it like a digeredoo? It's fairly reverby, eh? why not put a an amplifier and speaker on one end, and another amplifier and mic on the other?

Now I haven't built this yet, and it'll probably be a while until I do, so I don't know if it works, but in my head it should work as a fairly decent mini reverb chamber.

Anyway, take a look at my crappy sketch, and if you have any ideas, or if you have built it, let me know.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

feverrayman

Re: Easy reverb idea.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:34:58 PM »

i actually tried this out! i will say, it does look kinda funny, BUT it actually works as fairly good, "natural" reverb. the only thing thta i had issues with was some feedback (but that was fixed easily), and positioning was actually pretty hard, but i made a "stand" sort of thing for the PVC and ir works fairly well  :) ill do a lot of experimenting with this idea

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »

Why don't you put the slinky in the drainpipe, with the actuators and pickups attached to the screw-on end caps you get?
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »

i actually tried this out! i will say, it does look kinda funny, BUT it actually works as fairly good, "natural" reverb. the only thing thta i had issues with was some feedback (but that was fixed easily), and positioning was actually pretty hard, but i made a "stand" sort of thing for the PVC and ir works fairly well  :) ill do a lot of experimenting with this idea

Awesome! I still haven't tried it. In fact, I forgot about it until I saw this had new posts. I'll have to try it soon. I was thinking of trying to make a spring reverb using something that could fit in one of these cases: http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=1201&Category_Code=ENC14
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.