Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: stupid midi din chip question of the day  (Read 8032 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
stupid midi din chip question of the day
« on: December 22, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »

hi i bought one of these chips of ebay and i thought it looked easy to install in my dr110 but i dont know what the two connections in the red circles are any ideas ?

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
Re: stupid midi din chip question of the day
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »

That just means you hook those points up to the positive voltage of the circuit (the +5V on pin 1).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:57:03 PM by Dylan »
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »

thats what i thought cheers

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »

I've been looking at those PIC's. From australia aren't they?

I was tempted to get one to try some DR110 syncing, but you're still going to have the massive pain in the arse of having to work around the stop and play buttons on the DR110. When you press stop on the master midi clock the DR110 will stop in sync, but when you start up the midi clock again the DR110 will start from where it left off instead of the start of the bar.
Without wiring up some extra logic you end up having to press stop on the master midi clock, then press stop on the DR110 to reset it back to the start of the bar despite the fact that its actually stopped playing, then press play on the DR110 to re-arm the playback, then press play on the midi clock source. Not the most simple solution.

I'd be interested in how much DIN sync jitter this PIC has got. Nearly every midi-DIN sync convertor PIC i've tried has unacceptable timing issues when theres any midi data other than midi clock coming down the cable.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

selfpreservation

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:05:14 AM »

I'd be interested in how much DIN sync jitter this PIC has got. Nearly every midi-DIN sync convertor PIC i've tried has unacceptable timing issues when theres any midi data other than midi clock coming down the cable.

yes paul they are from oz i dont mind about the start stop issue once its rolling i wont be stopping it (just the same as it is now with din sync) its just for live and jamming its got trig ins for the studio so i use it via midi there and the sequencer is pants anyway  , i plan to sync it to midi clock and use the 24ppqn line as a din sync out so it also acts as a midi din sync convertor as well as clocking my dr110 , lets hope it doesnt have any jitter