Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FAT FREEBASS / MAM MB33 mods!  (Read 24018 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
FAT FREEBASS / MAM MB33 mods!
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:07:23 PM »

Latest news on the mods front is that we now have our ACID FM mods available for the FAT Freebass / MAM MB33 analogue rackmounts and up on the site.

The mods consist of:

VCO Drive switch
Resonance Boost switch
VCO on / off switch
Rewiring of the VCF input jack so it doesn't cut the VCO when you insert a jack  :o
VCF FM on / off switch
VCF FM source knob (square, saw, VCF in, FM in)
New VCF FM input jack
VCF FM amount knob.

More details of the mods can be found at http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/synthmod2.html#freebass so get over there asap  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

arron

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: FAT FREEBASS / MAM MB33 mods!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »

I have a nice accent mod for the MB-33, will add it to the site in a day or so.

Louzdig

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:30:30 PM »

This link doesn't work or is it just me?
The same goes with the links for the sh101 and other mods listed in this part of the forum.. The pages seems to exist but theyre empty...  ::)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »

ahh, that'll be because the main site was completely rebuilt a few months back. Try this link

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/synthmod/FREEBASS.html

arron

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:18 AM »

ahh, that'll be because the main site was completely rebuilt a few months back. Try this link

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/synthmod/FREEBASS.html

You just make money from the mods then, rather than share them?

Arron from S-CAT

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »

er no, i repost some broken links because someone asked me to.  :-\

arron

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 11:54:26 AM »

So are the plans available to all for the MB mods?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »

Sure, i don't see why not. If someone wants to email me a high resolution photo of both sides of the circuitboard then i'd be happy to give them some pointers when i have time.

Having said that if you are willing to put in some time and learn something about analogue electronics it is quite rewarding to trace the TB303 schematics in the Freebass circuit. In fact its a lot easier using the x0xb0x schematic as the analogue part is more or less identical to the 303 and the x0xb0x schematic is a LOT easier to read. You'll find that just about all of the Devil Fish and x0xb0x mods will also work on the Freebass / MB33. If take some care with it they are one of the easiest analogues to work on that i've come across. You don't have to worry about cracking circuitboards and ancient components for a start.  :-\

arron

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:25 PM »

Thanks for the honest and upfront reply, it makes a nice change for me to get that type of answer from you. As you know, I do not copy other peoples designs here at S-CAT. But I just wanted to know if you would share that info if asked. Are the MB mods all your own findings or do you take ideas from forum users who share this info?

I have mentioned before that I think it would be a good idea to include a business section on this forum, since there is a market for pre-built machines, either on ebay or via private commission builds. We are still going stong here and are really thinking hard about expanding to purpose built workshop and employing people that like to build, we would need electronic technicians, metal workers, wood workers and graphic artists to work for us and this site is a good place to source those kind of people.

Do you work at circuit bending as a full time job or do you have a day job that pays the bills?

Arron from S-CAT

Skorn

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

Sure, i don't see why not. If someone wants to email me a high resolution photo of both sides of the circuitboard then i'd be happy to give them some pointers when i have time.

Having said that if you are willing to put in some time and learn something about analogue electronics it is quite rewarding to trace the TB303 schematics in the Freebass circuit. In fact its a lot easier using the x0xb0x schematic as the analogue part is more or less identical to the 303 and the x0xb0x schematic is a LOT easier to read. You'll find that just about all of the Devil Fish and x0xb0x mods will also work on the Freebass / MB33. If take some care with it they are one of the easiest analogues to work on that i've come across. You don't have to worry about cracking circuitboards and ancient components for a start.  :-\
Hey I've got a MAM MB33, I'll send you some pictures of the circuit boards this evening.
I'm also quite interested in how these mods are installed, it sounds like a hard job to me, increasing the filters etc.