Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NES-001 overclock w/ adjustable oscillator and potentiometer  (Read 6200 times)

mercuryinoverdrive

NES-001 overclock w/ adjustable oscillator and potentiometer
« on: October 21, 2013, 04:44:41 PM »

Hi, I am looking for any help and instruction on how to overclock an original Nintendo using an adjustable oscillator and potentiometer. Has anyone done this? I am looking specifically for the list of all the exact parts I would need for this project, schematics, instruction, links for any parts vendors that would pertain to this particular procedure. I'd like to work from a foundation of something similar (but not limited to) the tiny LTC1799 adjustable oscillator pre-soldered onto a PCB and go from there.. I want to use this method versus the installation of a fixed-frequency crystal oscillator because different games suffer from varying degrees of lag-time or slowdown and it would be nice to adjust them variably on-the-fly. Thanks for any help you can provide!

** I am already familiar with the general NES overclock procedure. I just need installation help and direction with the creation of an adjustable oscillator circuit instead of a fixed one.