Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: external sequencers for "one button play" casio SK-1?  (Read 6630 times)

noob666

external sequencers for "one button play" casio SK-1?
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:34:40 AM »

Hi I was hoping to get a little 8 step sequencer to control my sk-1s one button play mode. I'm not at the point where I can do this on my own, I don't know much about CV. A great example of what I want to do is in this video:

8 step sequencer

This is so awesome, I'm surprised I don't see more of this. But anyways, any help would be nice, a good schematic that would work, if anyone could point me in that direction!

I would like to have these features:
8 steps, but have the option to go to lower steps like 2, 5, etc (like in the video)
mute switches for each step.
Is it possible to control the sequence tempo that goes into the sk-1? I'm think it is since this is just acting as an auto button pusher right?

It would also be cool to have this sequencer be useful for other gear, so maybe pitch control? That would make it pretty complete right?

"The info I found on this auto play mod was this:
 On the back of the board behind the one key play buttons there are a couple of diodes and some jumper wires. You need to attach a jack socket to one side of one of the diodes and one of the jumpers.

Off the top of my head i can't remember which way round it goes so you'll have to experiment. You might also have to put a resistor in line with the positive trigger signal if the trigger doesn't act very reliably. Every time you send a trigger it'll act as if you pressed the one key play button, then you have to send another trigger to reset the sequence, so if you had a 4 note sequence in a bar you'd have to send the 4 notes triggers and then a reset trigger to make it loop properly."

I'm not looking for this mod to be handed to me on a silver platter, but any more knowledge on this stuff would be helpful, so if you have it please pass it on! Thanks :)

01012k7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ANALOG SYNTH
Re: external sequencers for "one button play" casio SK-1?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:09 AM »

i would just buy the board from here http://www.synthrotek.com/tag/8-step-sequencer/ i am making 2 of them at the moment think the boards or cheap or you can buy the kit , up to you also ebay you can get them..

noob666

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:05:32 AM »

i would just buy the board from here http://www.synthrotek.com/tag/8-step-sequencer/ i am making 2 of them at the moment think the boards or cheap or you can buy the kit , up to you also ebay you can get them..

thanks for the heads up on the kit, do you know how this is can be connected to the sk-1? If so could you please explain :)

ScissorFeind

• My bleerg.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:43:17 PM »

thanks for the heads up on the kit, do you know how this is can be connected to the sk-1? If so could you please explain :)

It kinda depends on what you want to sequence in the sk-1.