Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: circuitbending pain  (Read 24293 times)

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
circuitbending pain
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:18:27 AM »

stupidly slammed the blade of a stanley knife into the top of my thumb yesterday whilst trying to cut the plastic on my pss-590. god, i hate cutting plastic...  ::)

some times i think it would be better melting the offending bit of plastic evil but the fumes get a little, erm, funky.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:19:39 AM by Circuitbenders »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: knife + pss590 = pain
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:45:34 PM »

ah yes, a thread for circuitbending related pain  ;)

I once slipped and managed to stick a jewelers screwdriver into the fleshy part of the inside of my index finger then out the other side, straight through my middle finger and into my ring finger!

Sat there in shock staring at this screwdriver nailing my fingers together for a bit and then yanked it out, didn't even bleed, which was diasappointing :(
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:38:21 PM »

ah yes, a thread for circuitbending related pain  ;)

I once slipped and managed to stick a jewelers screwdriver into the fleshy part of the inside of my index finger then out the other side, straight through my middle finger and into my ring finger!

Sat there in shock staring at this screwdriver nailing my fingers together for a bit and then yanked it out, didn't even bleed, which was diasappointing :(

:o That's one hell of an impressive wound!

I'd advise never soldering whilst wearing shorts. I managed to drop my soldering iron on my knee. It smelled a lot like burnt pork and hair.

I've also stuck some wire under a fingernail, i've drilled into my finger and melted the knuckle of my thumb in another iron related accident.

It's all fun and games.

I think pictures of injuries pertaining to bending would be a bonus... not which that's the first thing you think about after you sever/skewer/burn yourself.

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 02:50:53 PM »

It's always iron related injuries with me, but i have to agree nailing your finger together with a jewlers screwdriver is a highly impressive injury.

ne7

• ne7 web
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 10:21:44 PM »

i just managed to burn up my finger with a soldering iron whilst making a contact microphone. ouch :)
ne7/triad
------------------
http://ne7.untergrund.net

george lazenbleep

• haha-fresh
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

stabbed self with dirty craft knife while making plastic hole for button bigger. bled stupid amount for such a small neat gash. have been reading about medics in vietnam. had no plasters. superglued wound and felt superior. 10 minutes later stabbed same hand more violently and deeply with craft knife. gushed more blood. swore lots, emptied half of superglue bottle into wound. felt smug and sore. 24 hours later - toxic shock as a result of non - sterile superglue. blue black hand.
cute scar now.

also stabbed self with v pointy solder tip. such a neat wound.

mrsteve81

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »

Spent 2 hours in A&E last night because I cut down to the bone on my left index finger.
And my girlfriend thinks the soldering iron is dangerous!
I refuse to take painkillers however because real men don't use painkillers. Also I don't have any and I cant put socks on to go to the shops.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 03:02:53 PM »

I frequently wind up drilling the side of my left index finger while trying to bore out a hole with too small a bit.

omgphil

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:24:34 PM »

Not a circuit bending accident but in school a couple of years ago I was sawing some wood vigourously and slipped, the saw went through the top of my thumb and out through the other side, cutting the top of my nail but just missing the bone.

It bled a lot and I was in great pain sat in casualty for 3 hours. They didnt even do much, just put some of those modern no-needle stitches things on there and wrapped it up so I looked ridiculous.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 06:52:16 PM »

They didn't even do much, just put some of those modern no-needle stitches things on there and wrapped it up so I looked ridiculous.

Its rubbish isn't it! You just don't get impressive stitches and scars anymore these days. Back when i were a lad blah blah blah.....................

Although i am thoroughly impressed by the tale of superglue based toxic shock up there. Lovely stuff ;D ::)

kick52

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »

I've only burnt my self with the soldering iron.. nothing impressive yet.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »

Come on people, i want exciting anecdotes of agonising pain!

;D

Rizomorph

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »

Ive burned my hair 3times with a soldering iron. Damn long hair! ;D and i frequently jam screwdriwers under my nails ;) nothing impressive

Silas

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »

Done the jamming-screwdrivers-into-various-places thing a bunch of times too... The worst one of that kind of accident, was when i jammed a phillips screwdriver into my hand and it got stuck in the bone. I had to yank it out, it was that stuck.. Very, very blody and painfull.. Killed some nerves too.. :-\

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:28 PM »

Whilst stripping some rather large copper wire, i managed to slip with my stanley knife (which had a new blade in) and i managed to remove the pad off the end of my thumb. Just sliced flesh is an interesting shade of white to pink to gushing red  :-\

Luckily, the doctor sewed the pad back on for me and i know have a nice scar  :)

The ladies love war wounds.
Pages: [1] 2