Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MMT-8 memory expansion  (Read 6444 times)

gert

MMT-8 memory expansion
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:16:47 PM »

not exactly a drum machine, but all other mmt-8 discussions also ended up here, so...

i finally came around to do the memory expansion on my unit, according to the instructions of gmeredith (thanks man!). i changed some things, mostly trying to improve mechanical stability. for adress selection i went for a "diode grave", as i trust 1p12t switches a lot and i think they are more suitable in a live situation. yes i lose 4 memories that way, but the mechanics of the switch are superior to any tiny encoder.

effectively it is now possible to switch from memory to memory while the sequencer is still running, though you can only switch to the same pattern always. means, all 12 locations can have loaded pattern 01 and you can switch while the sequencer runs from pattern to pattern, without timing issues or crashes. i am not sure yet if i will use this new feature, the increased memory is quite a cool thing so far.

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
Re: MMT-8 memory expansion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:13:32 PM »

Hi Gert,

That's great news, that could be a really great feature. Thanks for working on these new mods!

Cheers, Graham