Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Author Topic: Question about buzz ?  (Read 1479 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Karma: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
Question about buzz ?
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:36:17 PM »

I've been searching the forum and Google,  but can't find an answer for my question.

Often, when I bend a toy, I find some connections making
some nice buzz sounds (sounding like a pure square wave).
What I usually do is adding a switch to start and stop the sound and use the general pitch to pitch it.

My question is : are there any other simple ways to change it ?
I suppose that using a 555 is maybe a solution,  but I'm not able to do that (don't really know how it works :D ).
What I'm searching is a more simple solution.
I've tried to insert capacitors, resistor ... but nothing seems to work.

Sorry if it's a newbie question, but I don't have any knowledge in electronic.


  • crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
  • *****
  • Karma: 1102
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2446
Re: Question about buzz ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 01:54:53 AM »

What do you mean by 'change it'?
Your question is about as wide open as any question in circuit bending or modding could possibly be!

A load buzz can be caused by any number of things, a lot of which might be fairly terminal to the machine. Inevitably whats happening will depend on what you're connecting to where and i'd suspect that this is where knowing a little theory would come in handy

A 555 is a timer chip that can be used to generate audio waveforms, or LFO waveforms amongst other things. I'm not sure its going to be of any use to you here
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool