Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MIDI Retrofit an old Technics keyboard  (Read 9750 times)

JM

MIDI Retrofit an old Technics keyboard
« on: April 03, 2016, 12:23:41 AM »

Hello

Anyone in here who knows about retrofitting a Technics SX K250? Just bought this old organ from 1984, and would love to get MIDI in there. The UMR2 Universal MIDI Retrofit from Highly Liquid is as far as I've come researching, (sold here). I don't know if the Technics is a "non-velocity-sensitive matrixed-switch keyboard" and I have no idea how advanced the installation operation is. There is help at hand in the family installing it if (if not too time consuming..), but I need to know if it will work in the first place. Sorry for this newbe-post, but where the h... can I find info on such matters if not in this forum...?  ;) Googeling such matters proves a nightmare (anyone else noticed the increased difficulty on getin precise info using google?.. I relly hope for a better search engine in the future. Anyways.. Help or pointers are apreciated.

Thanks
Johan

This is the first in the series, the Technics SX K100 (1982 I think)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: MIDI Retrofit an old Technics keyboard
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 04:32:55 PM »

What you need there, is a service manual. I'd imagine its the same as every other keyboard of that era though. I'd be surprised if it doesn't have a diode matrix keyboard scanning.

Theres a link to the highly liquid forum for the UMR2 on the site.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool