Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: casio mt-70 using arpeggiator accompaniment without drum rhythm  (Read 4991 times)

guntherbuffalo

On the casio MT70 you can play chords in the "accompaniment" section of the keyboard by pressing one key or more and if the arpeggio switch is on it will play the chord as an arpeggio, but I believe this can only be done whilst the drum rhythm accompaniment is being played simultaneously. Is there a simple way to get it so that the arpeggios play alone without the rhythm backing?

Thnks,

Paul

guntherbuffalo

Re: casio mt-70 using arpeggiator accompaniment without drum rhythm
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 05:08:36 PM »

Would it be possible to maybe add a volume pot just for the rhythm so I could turn it down?

wax+wire

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: casio mt-70 using arpeggiator accompaniment without drum rhythm
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »

I'm not in front of my casio at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I have an MT-70.  From memory there are a whole lot of resistors which control the volume of each voice of the accompaniment (i.e. snare, kick, bass, arpeggio each have their own channel).  I used headphones (wire the ground to ground, and then poke the signal end around) to find which resistors had what channel on them, and then half unsoldered that resistor, and inserted  switch in it.

Basically cut the signal before they all get mixed.  worked pretty well.  I used a DIP switch.