Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blue Man Keyboard  (Read 5289 times)

SamVsSound

• Sam Vs Sound
Blue Man Keyboard
« on: May 23, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »

Hey guys

I recently found a Blue Man Experience keyboard in thrift. This is a really cool keyboard as it has full polyphony and motion sensor drum pads. After opening it up though I've not been having much luck. It has a pretty modern fairly sophisticated circuit board which is not giving me much to work with.

It uses a crystal oscillator for clock speed so an LTC1799 pitch bend is definitely in it's future but I was wondering if anyone else has played with one of these guys and if so if they could give any tips.

https://www.amazon.com/Manley-27495-Blue-Group-Keyboard/dp/B000FBWFQG

I can provide circuit photo's if that would help

Thanks
Sam
Build documentation and tutorials available at:

www.SamVsSound.com
DIY Synths and Electronic Oddities

Ciderfeks

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Blue Man Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:11:57 PM »

Hi - never tried experimenting with one of these personally, but another forum member once posted in the Unbendable machines list that they hadn't had much luck with theirs... :-\

I opened up a 'Blue Man Experience' keyboard today, first of all it was an absolute nightmare to open because of this useless pipe framing it has - I then proceeded to mess around with the circuit board for a couple of hours with only minor results (the board as a crystal on it I think and I managed to get it to glitch out like a really lame voltage crash after trying to calibrate it for hours) if anyone has had any better results let me know!!

Did you ever do anything with yours?