Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kawai R-100 MIDI-Controlled Mod  (Read 5951 times)

9bit.se

Kawai R-100 MIDI-Controlled Mod
« on: October 16, 2017, 11:43:37 AM »

Okay so I bought your ROM Switcher Board and based a circuit bend of the Kawai R-100 on it. Everything is midi-controlled and no changes were done to the exterior of the machine.

Project details and audio are here: http://9bit.se/projects/kawai-r-100-midi-controlled-mod/

Thank you and best regards
/ Andreas

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Kawai R-100 MIDI-Controlled Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

Thats really interesting what you've done with the HC-SR08 pitch control there. I've not seen that board before.
Is there any chance you could share the code for the nano? I'm really no expert but i'd be intrigued to know exactly how this works.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

9bit.se

Re: Kawai R-100 MIDI-Controlled Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »

Well, I'm happy your interested in this project :) To be honest, I will have to think a bit about sharing code, because Arduino firmware is my trade so to speak. Also I might have to comment the code a bit since it can be slightly convoluted due to low level optimization techniques.

The big picture is: R-100 MIDI signals spliced at midi thru -> Arduino Nano Serial Rx -> MIDI.h library -> One octave "MIDI pitch to AD9850 frequency" lookup table -> SPI control of HC-SR08 -> Clock input of Kawai Address Generation Unit.

best / Andreas