Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: vtech alphabet phonics teacher  (Read 13555 times)

ne7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ne7 web
vtech alphabet phonics teacher
« on: February 22, 2007, 07:09:55 AM »

(bought at car boot sale for 99p hehe)

holy shit - since removing the offending resistor in the plastic tube (thanks circuitbenders!) the whole things opened up - added a volt crash, vol control, output, feedback loop and pitch control. seems a lot of the interesting sounds are made by crashing the unit out of pitch range (whilst bringing the voltage down) the thing is a screaming monster now :)
havent even finished investigating hehe!
ne7/triad
------------------
http://ne7.untergrund.net

Rivers of Blood

Re: vtech alphabet phonics teacher
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »

I got one of these for £2 and thought I'd fried until I realised about the fuse. So I bought another form ebay for £1 in the meantime and now I have 2. :D

It's a very versatile with  loads of sounds and possibilities, I've opened it up and had a quick look, but haven't soldered anything on because I've been busy with my casio ep-10 (nearly finished).

I found a bend that just makes it crash and cycle through all the sounds it has at random at a very low pitch, very weird I'll take another look tonight and maybe start work on it. Any chance you could tell me where the feedback loop can be found? I was thinking of putting a push-to-break switch on the output so that I can mute it while it plays the tune when you move the slider, would make it easier while playing live I think.

I'll post anything interesting I find and hopefully we'll both have some interesting machines. I've already started learning to play it too, but it might take a while to master.

ne7

• ne7 web
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »

gonna take some pictures when i get a second... soz for the delay been kinda busy at work :(
ne7/triad
------------------

aarc

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 10:18:46 PM »

Hey did you ever take any pictures of your bends, i'd love to see them as well.

Removing that resister has really done the trick but I cant seem to find the feedback loop.

ne7

• ne7 web
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:56:10 PM »

apologies for low quality - had to just grab this real quick - read note for information on how to get the thing working nicely...
ne7/triad
------------------

Outaspaceman

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »

Across the vast gulf of space and time, I can confirm this "bend" still works a treat..!
I've heard snippets of JazzFunk and French,, :o
Going to do some more prodding about now..