Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: KAWAI FS630  (Read 4487 times)

davelybob

KAWAI FS630
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »

Anybody ever messed with one of these before?  Just picked one up for $15 at a Goodwill, first I've ever seen.  Didn't get to test it because the adaptor jack pin was bent and wouldn't accept the only negative center adaptor I could find there, hopefully somebody didn't screw up and put the wrong polarity to it and fry it.  Guess I am buying some batteries tonight.  It's a 100 voice PCM keyboard, doesn't look too fancy, though the "one finger ad-lib" looks interesting, some kind of arpeggiator or accompaniment I guess, hoping I can find a way to add separate volumes for rhythm, ad lib, and main voice.  Not a lot of info out there, any pointers appreciated.

inactive

Re: KAWAI FS630
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:03:54 AM »

I don't know about your exact keyboard, but I've got a Kawai X30 keyboard with the same "1 finger Ad-lib" thing as yours, also got mine at goodwill (for $3 what a steal!). Assuming it's the same as an X30 inside, it uses almost all off the shelf parts except for the CPU/soundchip and the controller chip for the keyboard. An LTC1799 will work just fine in one of those, and on my X30 if I short 2 of the pins on one of the Kawai proprietary chips the sounds go all out of whack and start sounding like a garbled mess, which I like ;D The DAC it uses is off the shelf as well, so getting a clean unfiltered DAC output was very easy. Open your keyboard up and show some pictures if possible.