Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fostex de 1 effect unit mod?  (Read 5158 times)

Invalid

Fostex de 1 effect unit mod?
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »

Hi,
I tried the search but did not find what I needed.
I am looking for information on modifying a Fostex de 1 effects unit, like the one found on the home page.
My big question is, can the small green pcb be lifted off the brown main pcb for access to the underside?

If anyone has a link to information, or experience, your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Fostex de 1 effect unit mod?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »

You need to desolder each pin of the small daughterboard and pull it off the headers to access the underside. You need to be absolutely sure that pins have no remaining solder on them as attempting to pull the board off when there is any solder left on the pins will result in the tracks on the underside of the board peeling off.
It might prove easier to remove the main board from the case and desolder the daughterboard headers from the main board rather than the daughterboard. I don't recall if i actually did it that way on the 3 or 4 of these i've modded, but it seems like there would be less danger of damaging things that way.

Its very difficult to remove the crystal/resonator from the daughterboard. You'll probably need a hot air gun to do it without messing the board up.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool