Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheetah MD8 drum machine tapes  (Read 4514 times)

lagoogy

Cheetah MD8 drum machine tapes
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:11:11 AM »

Hi everyone,
I recently got hold of a Cheetah MD8 and the internal battery died, so I replaced it and also loaded in some sounds from a .wav file from this site. The .wav contained the sounds from the standard kit and I was wondering if anyone had access to the various kits that were made for this drum machine - I would love to get the electro kit for it.

A tip for anyone who has one and is having trouble loading the kit. Use a stereo lead from your headphone out of your audio interface, load the wav into a DAW and raise the volume until the ouput is in the red  and make sure you have the headphone out of your interface really high.  I tried for a while using various volumes and in the end I had to crank the volume like I just mentioned for it to load the sounds.

Also, would it be possible for sounds to be encoded in a sound editor like audacity/soundforge and then converted into I presume a mono, 8bit 22KHZ file and then somehow encode it to a tape to be loaded into the MD-8. Imagine a 909 kit in this lo-fi beast. I read online someone did it with the specdrum which was made by the same two guys who made the MD8.

Thanks.