Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NEW GUY ALERT: I bought a Joyo Delay DOA, good candidate?  (Read 4236 times)

bobbymobetta

NEW GUY ALERT: I bought a Joyo Delay DOA, good candidate?
« on: June 23, 2021, 05:04:37 AM »

Hey Y'all.

I'm impossibly newbesent but ya gotta start somewhere. I've just in the last year started a synth collection, which lead me to sequencers, which led me to DIY sequencers.....which led me here.

I got what I paid for when I ordered a JOYO delay pedal that was basically DOA....I got some sound out of it but pretty much only inthe "true bypass"(!!!) mode...Firstly, I believe these are candidates but I don't know for certain so I'm curious if there is anyone who has moded one. Secondly I'm just interested in general know-how...is there maybe a list of tools for the "Novice Spelunkers" of this world to stare at and then turn around and realize that they are holding it upside down?

Rock On!

-Bobby

Northernexpermentsinsound

Re: NEW GUY ALERT: I bought a Joyo Delay DOA, good candidate?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 03:29:18 PM »

I’ve been doing it for about a year now and when I started this page of tips on the Circuit Benders website was invaluable for pointing about what to buy to set me on my way. I recommend a read of it if you haven’t already.

https://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/tips.html

I haven’t bent the delay pedal you mentioned but an earlier casualty of mine is a  Mimidi delay pedal. Not sure how I fried it but now the only sounds I can get out of it sound like something from the bbc radiophonic workshop. One day I will put it in a nice enclosure.

I see your message was from a few months ago so you’re probably already sorted for gear. Hope you’re managed to get something out of the pedal.