Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CB55 - Modifying trigger conditioning to work with lower voltage  (Read 6544 times)

slayerz

Hi!
My circuit skills are non-existent but I was trying to figure out if it would be possible to lower the triggering voltage threshold in the trigger conditioning circuit so I could use microcontrollers with a 3.3v output.
If I understand correctly, lowering the values of R5, R12, R18 and R25 to, for example, 10k would have that effect while still keeping the current behavior for 5v triggers if I choose to use them later on.

I'm very possibly missing something so please let me know what you think.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:35:22 PM by slayerz »

channelite

Re: CB55 - Modifying trigger conditioning to work with lower voltage
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 02:59:36 AM »

I use the Olegtron 4060 with the CB55, which has a power starve knob. Starving the power causes the CB55 to get distortion or unexpected sounds, which is kind of cool.  When there is no starving, which the normal gates are send from the Olegtron, the CB55 sounds normal.

slayerz

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »

I use the Olegtron 4060 with the CB55, which has a power starve knob. Starving the power causes the CB55 to get distortion or unexpected sounds, which is kind of cool.  When there is no starving, which the normal gates are send from the Olegtron, the CB55 sounds normal.

Thanks, but I don't mean to actually use a lower voltage to trigger - I want to modify the trigger conditioning circuit, where the opamp comparators are fed off 9v, so it accepts a 3.3v trigger and translates it to 5v. I guess I'll just try both and see

channelite

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 03:11:09 AM »

I did a test with a 9v dc and 12v dc power adaptor powering the cb55 and the 12v makes the cb55 louder. The 9v still works, just has a lower volumes.  If that info is useful to you...