Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Older Speak & Spells  (Read 10652 times)

Monday

Older Speak & Spells
« on: May 02, 2007, 03:17:49 PM »

well browsing through a thrift shop Ii picked up an older speak & spell, after broswing around i figured out its older than the versions that most have/and or have diagrams of. I can't find the looping function to save my life, anyone else have the first release of this? its the err 78' version with rounded push buttons if needed i can post some pics.

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: Older Speak & Spells
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:40:04 PM »

http://homepage.mac.com/tmckaskle/bending/boards.htm

Try this site.
 It has loads of boardscans for your delectation.

Monday

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

Nice just what I was looking for, Thanks!

Monday

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »

well its all going pretty good except I have body contact pitch down one part on the circuit, one part on the batt +. If i push down rather hard the machine will get very very low then power off. Is there anything I can put inbetween these spot to prevent it from poworing off?

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 06:55:20 PM »

use a trim pot or resistor in line for fine tuning, i think a 47k one should work just fine... i think.

Monday

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 07:01:03 AM »

its funny I wanted to stop it from crashing before, but now I've found that holding the pitch contacts after a crash and pressing and holding the on switch cause the led lights to go nuts and it makes a sweeping distortion noise the same as a synth would. So heh maybe i can handle not pushing too hard while playing.

But something else, when I started this project I knew going into it that the s & s line had a large portion to be bent so i stocked up on pots, switches and pushbuttons. And after visiting radioshack for the 3rd time for 1 project those 2$ switches really add up, is there any wholesale or just plain cheaper websites to purchase these goods from?

We used to have a small electronics store but it closed down a few years back, and now radioshack is it for this stuff. I'm wanting to stock up yet again because after trying out the speak & spell i was inclined to try all 3, and my speak & math arrived today  ;D

Edit, I'll put up some sounds and pics when i finally believe I'm finished, yet everytime I hop into that circuit I find something else
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:03:10 AM by Monday »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »

Take a look in the links section, theres a component suppliers list
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 06:59:46 PM »

Careful with that one.  The old Speaks break easier than the new ones (sad voice of experience).