Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Wiring patchbox  (Read 8795 times)

Bat

Wiring patchbox
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:48:02 AM »

I saw the otherday a link to the site of Nochtanseenspecht (Is that dutch for beying a drummachine bird?),and there was this: http://www.esnips.com/web/universalcircuitbendstation

Now,I wanted to make such a thing and I wonder if there is someone there to tell me about the wiring in tha box.(Schematicly, I mean)

I can imagine it but I like to see how other people have done that,for a best result.

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: Wiring patchbox
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 09:13:26 AM »

ha! that means : howeverbutawoodpecker  ::)
i think there is some pics there from inside the box...but it is very simple:
each wire from the pin connectors goes to a banana socked, the potconnectors and the ldr's as well.
so the actual wiring hapens outside the box with patching. it is some work to build it, but it is worth !!
you can control your circuitbent device in countless ways....and you don't have to buy pots every time...
no more lack of space problems....etc. only disadvantage is that you need a logbook to write down
the best patches...there's to many possabillities
the next one i will make from an old printer switchbox, wich is ideal for this purpose ; it has already a few 25pin
connectors, and you can switch between them :P
okay, good luck !

Bat

Re: Wiring patchbox
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:22:51 AM »

Aha.That's what i said ...a drummachine bird!

Thanks for your comment.I thougt that there were some cunning links inside the box already,but there aren't any.So it seems.