Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My new toy pitch bend help  (Read 11731 times)

mrsteve81

My new toy pitch bend help
« on: July 14, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »

I recently bought a smash hits 5 drum pad from woolworths. I hven't found anything yet apart from the pitch resistor.
I soldered 2 wires to a 470K pot and cut the resistor at 1 end. When I connect my pot I can pitch down but not up.
My question is in order to pitch up will I need to remove to the resistor completely?

mrsteve81

Re: My new toy pitch bend help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 06:21:43 PM »

I did it anyway because its a piece of crap. It worked. Now I just need to put another resistor in with a lower value because its crashes if it gets to high pitched

ne7

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • ne7 web
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 09:27:47 PM »

:) how much did it cost?
can u post a picture?
ne7/triad
------------------
http://ne7.untergrund.net

mrsteve81

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:56:35 PM »

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50844112

The beast! You have to hit the pads so hard you cant hear 2 of the drum sounds! Fitting a line out tomorrow if my rapid electronics order arrives. I've had a quick look for bend points and the pitch bend is all I've found.

There might be more but I have to wait for my finger to heal before looking as I nearly cut it off on friday. Line out will be easy enough 1 handed though!

mrsteve81

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 01:23:53 AM »

I managed to fit the 3.5 jack with the help of my girlfriend. She also kindly helped me find a few bends coming off the only chip on the board. The only problem is they all come off the same point.
Is there an easy way to solder 10 points to 1 point that I cant think of?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »

Is there an easy way to solder 10 points to 1 point that I cant think of?

If you need to switch between 10 points going to the same destination, you can use a 12 way rotary switch
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

mrsteve81

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »

I had considered that but there will be a small problem with that.
Each of the points triggers a drum roll for each of the drum sounds so I want to put push to make buttons in for each sound. With the rotary switch I'll only be able to trigger 1 sound at a time.
I'm thinking of soldering a short piece of wire to the main point and then soldering 10 wires to the end of that. Might be a bit better if I just solder in a bit of metal rather than making a huge solder blob.
Still cant do anything until my finger heals though. It would be ok if I could only bend it. The finger not the circuit. :)