Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PSR-470  (Read 16748 times)

bucketbrigade

PSR-470
« on: May 09, 2006, 02:10:51 AM »

hi! i have a psr 470 and i loved the mods you did on yours. Could you please give me some hints on what you have done?

thanks for all

diogo

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: PSR-470
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »

i recommend you read the tips pages on the website and then try to circuitbend it. ;)

Seriously though, and no offence intended, this forum was not intended as a venue for people to just ask us how to circuitbend specific machines from the website which is what it seems to be turning into, there is a limit to how much we're just going to give away for free. Sit down and spend a few hours probing the circuitboard, see what you come up with and then post anything you find here if you want.

I'd also be interested in anything you found as i have no idea where the notes we made for the PSR-470 are.  ::)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

bucketbrigade

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:21:32 PM »

i recommend you read the tips pages on the website and then try to circuitbend it. ;)

Seriously though, and no offence intended, this forum was not intended as a venue for people to just ask us how to circuitbend specific machines from the website which is what it seems to be turning into, there is a limit to how much we're just going to give away for free. Sit down and spend a few hours probing the circuitboard, see what you come up with and then post anything you find here if you want.

I'd also be interested in anything you found as i have no idea where the notes we made for the PSR-470 are.  ::)

I am aware of that. Its just i spent some hours probing the keyboard and all i got was distortion and a couple of CPU crash mods. I listened to the mp3 samples in the site and got in luv with the beat distortion and the FM synth "portamento"

:)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:10:43 PM »

if i recall correctly, and it was a while ago so maybe i don't, most of the bends on the 470 were chip to chip shorts as opposed to be clustered in any one area. The chorus controls were definately on the bottom right of the board (face down keys towards you) and there was some random sequence stuff on the bottom left. Any more than that i couldn't tell you.

There is someone out there with a copy of the notes we made for the PSR470 as i recall scanning them in exchange for some kind of manual. Or maybe that was a dream i had  ::)

I might try getting hold of another one as i've just listened back to the demo mp3 and its bizarre stuff! If you haven't already, chewck out the PSS-270 demo.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:13:43 PM by Circuitbenders »

bucketbrigade

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 12:15:26 AM »

if i recall correctly, and it was a while ago so maybe i don't, most of the bends on the 470 were chip to chip shorts as opposed to be clustered in any one area. The chorus controls were definately on the bottom right of the board (face down keys towards you) and there was some random sequence stuff on the bottom left. Any more than that i couldn't tell you.

There is someone out there with a copy of the notes we made for the PSR470 as i recall scanning them in exchange for some kind of manual. Or maybe that was a dream i had  ::)

I might try getting hold of another one as i've just listened back to the demo mp3 and its bizarre stuff! If you haven't already, chewck out the PSS-270 demo.

the chorus section are a couple of bbds. I never thought on fcking around with them. when i finish this bend i'll post some sounds:)

bucketbrigade

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 10:02:04 PM »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:09:27 PM »

That rapidshare thing never works for me, no idea why :(