Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Body Contact Buttons  (Read 9646 times)

Luka

Body Contact Buttons
« on: July 01, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

So while i was cutting out of hole in my Speak n Spell i must have clipped the membrane for the keyboard and destroyed it royally. I read the other thread where they gave the link to the details of the rotary switches matrix mod however i don't want to take away from the original appeal of the speak n spell.

So...

Now i know how to wire it all up i am brain storming ideas of how to create a nice big round body contact that triggeres the connection when pressed.

Any ideas?

I was toying with the idea that i could use a matrix of pretuding wires (hard thick wire) sticking out from the unit, as i already have a bunch of large pots sticking out. I thought that the current would travel through your finger when you touched the wires but when i tested the connectivity of my finger with my multimeter it reveal nil. So this idea is currently on the backburner.

Bat

Re: Body Contact Buttons
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »

Maybe this is what you are looking for: http://www.circuitsonline.net/circuits/view/45

« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 07:20:45 PM by Bat »

Luka

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 04:07:02 AM »

thanks for the link
is that in german?

anyway, i was thinking of something a little more lofi and less expensive
i have to make 40 so if i can make it out of found objects with no extra circuitry it would be what im after

Bat

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »

You're welcome!

Nop....it's Dutch.

It's only € 1.75. And maybe in combination with  multiple switches you can reduce it a little.

I think that if you will let your skin do the job, you'll have to amplify
the signal.But I do not know a lot about it.

Look also for 'Cracklebox schematic' or just 'Cracklebox' ( with GOOGLE) ,it's a noisemaking apperatus  out of the fifty's and contacts are made with the skin.
And 'Kraakdoos' is Dutch for 'Cracklebox'   ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:41:42 PM by Bat »

iwantomakenoise

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »

hi

I'm in the same situation as you. I have recently got a walkie talkie and some of the best sounds come from when i touch the main circuit with my finger. I was thinking of doing it the same way as you, solding wires and just making contact with my fingers but i think there has to be some contact with the actual board its self?

just wondered if anyone else had any ideas?

cheers

D