Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beginner  (Read 9240 times)

iwantomakenoise

Beginner
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:28:39 PM »

hi

I'm new to the whole circuit bending scene but i have had some samples of the some circuit bent stuff and have recorded someone who does it and it sound wicked.

I'm just wondering what the best way to go about starting it? and is there one instrument that easy to do?

i know about electronics having done electronic a-level a very long time but i still remeber and I have alot of the tools but need to know where i can i get audio compents such as jack inputs sockets, pots and the rest.

cheers

D

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Beginner
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »

Hi - if you have done an A-level then you will be fine.  Just search topics here and people have given away info on how to complete bends.  Good instruments to start with are the Casio SA-1, SA-2 & SA-5 and the Speak and spell/read/maths.  There is also lots of info on here about them.

There is also a list of suppliers on this forum and you can always try ebay for the odd deal  :)

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:48 PM »

Also, you could cruise the 2nd hand stores and look for V-Tech toys.  I recommend the Alphabet Desk and the entire line of Talking Whiz kid laptops (there are like a zillion of them). 
The Whiz Kid stuff in particular is very easy and gratifying.  Just open it up and poke around. 
Trial and error will keep you very happy for some time.

iwantomakenoise

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 04:34:04 PM »

thank you for your reply

I've have decided to go with a cheap set of walkie talkies. I went wondering around toys shop, charity shop and a few other places and spotted them. I can get some fairly decent sound out of it. does need some more work but hopefully be putting it up here soon.

cheers

D