Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: body contact button?  (Read 8781 times)

iwantomakenoise

body contact button?
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »

hi

I have been having some trouble. I bought a walkie talkie and started to play with it made some ok sounds out of it but the best sound i can manage is when i touch my finger directly on the board in certain places. I want to reattach the case to the walkie talkie so i want away of attaching something that will act similar to me touching the board? i have heard about body contact button but not sure on the full details?

anyone help

cheers

D

catweazle

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • 8Bit are enough
Re: body contact button?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »

Hello
a body contact is nothing more than a simple metal plate. It can be a screw/bolt/nut or whatever made of steel, copper, gold, ....

If you want it comfortable you can insert  a switch to enable/disable the bodycontact and a potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity (for sweaty/dry fingers ;)

catweazle

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • 8Bit are enough
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:04 PM »

mmmh in case I misunderstood your question you can "emulate" a body contact with this circuit...

iwantomakenoise

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »

hi

thank you i might try that but at the moment I have found out away of doing it. i simply and my i say effectively just attached several cables to the points and using my finger change the sound.

but i might try it your way

cheers

D