Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Alesis Hr-16  (Read 12536 times)

mikael__

Alesis Hr-16
« on: December 05, 2005, 03:19:36 PM »

I just got my hands on a alesis hr16. Is there any guides out there on how to bend it ??, what should i look for ?? ... i'm pretty new to this, so any help would be appriciated

sjam

Re: Alesis Hr-16
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 02:02:03 AM »

hey
the hr 16 was the first thing I bent, and tomorrow i'll get another one to bend, it's fairly easy so i'll try to describe.
you should look for the 2 rom chips. If you don't know what to look for, chech page 2 of the Tips on cicuitbenders.co.uk.
the 2 rom chips give the exact same effect. so just choose one, or use some pins of one chip, and some of the other to have more working space.
If you connect any of the pins of that chip to another pin, you'll get the effect you're looking for. So, you can built switches on connections you like, or leave al possibilities open and build a patch-bay. You then connect all the pins to a seperate connector on your housing and link them using cables. If i'm not mistaken you'll have 28 patch points, so endless possibilities.
that's all!

later

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »

I think I replied to you on the HR-16 list this morning ;-)

In a quick test, my HR16 would power up off a 9V DC power supply, but not actually display anything.  With 9V DC you should at least see the back light come on - this is driven directly off the 5V supply in the MMT8 and I see no reason why it should be different in the HR16.

If you're not getting the backlight, you're not getting 5V.  It's that simple.  Check the switch, rectifier, and voltage regulators.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

If you're not getting anything at all the first thing you want to check out is if the power socket is actually working. Either bypass the power socket and try wiring the power directly onto the board or use a multimeter to test if the power is actually gettiing to the board. While you're at it you should probably test to see what any voltage regulators are outputting, if there are any.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool