Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheetah MD16RP - Where the hell does the trigger board wire in?  (Read 10704 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk

This is a bit of a long shot but if anyone out there has a Cheetah MD16RP (the 2 unit rackmount version of the MD16 with trigger inputs) or knows anyone who has one, i'd be eternally gratefull if you could crack it open and let me know where the wires from the trigger input board attach to the main board.

On my machine all of the connections between the trigger board and the main board have been disconnected and i have no idea where to solder them back in. I've even gone to the extent of buying schematics and service notes from one of the original cheetah design engineers only to find that the trigger board shematic isn't included as, in the words of the cheetah engineer, 'as far as i recall that was designed on the back of a cigarette packet in a pub'

Any help would be very appreciated.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

ampthetex

Re: Cheetah MD16RP - Where the hell does the trigger board wire in?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:08:42 PM »

If you stil aint sorted this, which you probably have as its months old lol, this guy might be able to help; http://www.cykong.com/Synths/Cheetah%20MD16RP/Cheetah-MD16RP.htm

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »

I must have emailed that guy about 10 times as he's the only other person i've ever seen on the net that owns an MD16RP. He did reply a couple of times saying he was out of the country away from his studio and he would have a look for me when he got back but then i didn't hear anything else and he stopped replying.

Thats a really good site but i don't think its been updated for years now :(

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »

It occurs to me that seeing as all versions of the MD16 use exactly the same main circuitboard with no differences in components that i can see, all the functionality for the trigger inputs must be in the operating system. So that would suggest that 8 trigger inputs could be added to any version of the MD16 by duplicating the MD16RP operating system EPROM and rigging up your own version of the tigger input board, which would be a very simple job.

Now if i could just tell where the bastard thing wires onto the main board  >:(