Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 505 individual outs  (Read 9409 times)

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
505 individual outs
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:01:52 PM »

very quick question, do the sounds get removed from the main mix if you have a bog standard jack socket mounted, or do you need to mess around with switched jack sockets to do this?

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: 505 individual outs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:24:51 PM »

You'd need a switched jack socket.  Basically what you're doing is breaking the connection from the individual output to the main mix.

There's nothing to stop you wiring it so you've got it going to the separate out *and* the main mix, though.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »

So if I was to solder a connection from the capacitors that relating to the multi outs to a jack and with a connection to ground, then this would still be present in the main mix? I’m guessing that in order to have sounds drop out of the main mix you’d have to cut one of the legs of the capacitor and have everything going to a switched jack? I’m asking mainly because I want to do something with that group of capacitors other than the multi out mod but need to have the sounds present in the main mix, by the sound of it they would be. I’ll pull the 505 apart over the weekend and experiment.

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »

To be on the safe side, I'd buffer the signals coming off the caps.  It's simple enough, you've already got power for the opamps and I'm sure you can find plenty places to get a circuit from.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:39:40 PM »

I'll take it apart and experiment, the idea is to have envelope follower leds for each sound group to add some gratuitous bright blue led action.