Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A little help with my Wobble vision  (Read 11786 times)

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
A little help with my Wobble vision
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »

I started on my old tv the otherday, i located the yoke and its 4 wires as you can see in this photo...

And where they go to on the board...

Now, i snipped the wires then connected them back up with crocodile clips. It worked, i got a fuzzy picture. i removed the yellow wire and i got a horizontal line, so that must be Vertical, i removed the grey wire, i got a horizontal line, meaning thats the other Vertical. But when i disconnect the blue wire it sparks, briefly shows a vertical line then nothing. Turn it off and on again, i try the red wire and same thing happens except now i get no picture whatsoever, fuzzy or otherwise  :(

But now when i turn it on, i get no picture and a weird buzzing sound and nothing happens when i connect or disconnect the yoke wires, but there is still something going to the yoke 'cause i got a shock from it  :-[ oops...

Does anyone have an idea what i might have done? any help would be appreciated  :)

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: A little help with my Wobble vision
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:37:56 PM »

The horizontal circuit does a lot more than just the scanning - the line output transformer provides not only the scan coil, but a lot of high voltage supplies inside the set and also the EHT for the tube (through the tripler).  It's quite likely that you've killed either the line output transistor, line output transformer or tripler.  At this stage, the set is probably beyond economic repair.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: A little help with my Wobble vision
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

Thanks for your help  :)

i do have access to another TV and a very old Monitor, whats the best way to achieve vertical and horizontal lines and avoid frying the board?