Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problem with building walkman distortionbox  (Read 11586 times)

Rizomorph

Problem with building walkman distortionbox
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »

Ive recently baught a philips D6350 casett player/recorder and my plans are to build a distortion box out of it. But when i lookde were the "playerhead" was conected it could only fins 2wiers :P I cant find the ground :-[ Anyway i thaught that I would upload a pic of the scematics to see if any one here could figure out how i should wier because I havent got a clue.

Second question: Would it work if i just replaced the headphone jack and the mic jack (or wierd the sound directly to the crappy little microphone instead of the mic jack)? Or would the sound not get distorted then?

Anyway here a schematic over the main board: http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uilknx4.png

The whole scematic can be found here: http://www.nostatech.com/downloadfolder/Philips/Philips006-pdf/index.html (in the middle of the bottom of the page) but you can only open one file one then you have to wait 18h to next time so dont klick it down.

Thx in advance

Cheers/Martin ;)

egr

Re: Problem with building walkman distortionbox
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 03:26:34 PM »

I posted this in another thread but:

If you just want to use the effect and aren't planning on turning this into a "guitar pedal" or adding further controls just slap one of these in it and you're done.

At the very least you can check what the effect will sound like and decide if you like the unit you have before going through with the work.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
Re: Problem with building walkman distortionbox
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »

the ground is all the junk that is connected to the - terminal of the battery.  So look at the black wire going to the battery, and then any point along the circuit path that is connected to that is also the ground.