Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Prosound mod: What's good for chips is good for bents?  (Read 6365 times)

egr

Prosound mod: What's good for chips is good for bents?
« on: September 01, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »

I've been checking out all the gear and software surrounding chiptunes lately (came across some original gameboys while hunting for bendables) and I'm wondering if anybody here is familiar with the so-called Prosound mod (there's tons of tutorials if you care the google it)?  The idea is to get a cleaner signal out of the gameboy by bypassing some of the circuitry for the headphone amp and volume pot (I think).  I'm going to try it out on one of the units I picked up but it's got me wondering if this might be a good technique for bends in general?  I don't know, looking for opinions I guess...

strikemedown

Re: Prosound mod: What's good for chips is good for bents?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:07:56 AM »

Heyy, i've tried the pro-sound mod on a game boy i once tried and compared it to mine (which is running lsdj, or nanoloop if i want)

It adds a more thick sound, the basses feel bassier ect.

I'd think that if it works for a gameboy why wouldnt it work for someting else witha headphone out? Its bound to give you a bit of a cleaner signal, but it might not be worth it. Give it a go