Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: effect modifecation Boss BD-2  (Read 13669 times)

peter

effect modifecation Boss BD-2
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:10:17 PM »

I'm thinking about the possebilety to modify a Boss BD-2. What i really want to do with it is to make it stereo. But i'm just circuit bending for a while now and have no idea if it's possible at all??? Please could someone tell me if it's possible and how it's done. And, off course, what else's in there.

You will rock my world with some info!!!

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: effect modifecation Boss BD-2
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »

i'm not sure if it can be done with standard bending. You could maybe hook up another jack output, but this will only be dual-mono and would weaken the signal. I'm sure someone with more experience in this field could help you though. although, just because it's not stereo doesn't mean that it won't be an amazing or worthwhile bend.

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:37:54 PM »

I'm thinking about the possebilety to modify a Boss BD-2. What i really want to do with it is to make it stereo. But i'm just circuit bending for a while now and have no idea if it's possible at all??? Please could someone tell me if it's possible and how it's done. And, off course, what else's in there.

It's just a fuzzbox.  There's not really a lot you could do to make it stereo.  Typically a fuzzbox just contains an amplifier with a couple of diodes to make it non-linear - the diodes conduct at about 0.5v so if you put two "back to back" then it will clip AC signals to +/-0.5v and give you a nice crunchy distortion.

Stereo stompboxes tend to be things like delays where you can have different delay times going to the left and right outputs, or chorus/flangers with two delay chains which... have different delay chains going to the left and right outputs.

I'm not sure what a stereo fuzzbox would do.  Slightly different amounts of fuzz to the left and right channels?
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

peter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 12:32:36 PM »

Thanks for the responses.

With this I'm wildly thinking about creating an effects box for my sampler, witch is in stereo. I'm not sure how to continue this and make it a reality, and if such a thing would work by the way..

Greetings, Peter

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »

Peter, the first thing to ask yourself is "what do I want it to do?"

If you just want to distort the output of your stereo sampler, then make two identical fuzzbox circuits and use dual-ganged controls so both sides have the same settings.  Or, don't use dual-gang pots and then have different settings for left and right - whatever works for you.

If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.