Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: university project - please help  (Read 8363 times)

brewmachine

university project - please help
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »

hi,
i've been building a mulit-instrument 'glitch machine' for a uni project and need some feedback to present with it for my hand-in. A video has been uploaded on youtube at the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4WdLct33Ow It would be much appreciated if you could check it out and answer the short questionnaire at the bottom of this post. Thanks to anyone who has helped me out already by answering my questions on this forum  ;D
cheers
Brew

1 – Briefly describe your experience in the music industry. (or circuit bending experience if this is more relevant)

2 – On a scale of 1 (totally useless) to 5 (very useful) how would you rate the usefulness of my instrument in music production? Please explain your answer.

3 – On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate the usefulness of my instrument in live performance? Please explain your answer.

4 – What would you say are the instruments strongest features?

5 – What lets it down?

6 – Are there any additional features you would like to see added?

the_zombiest

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • The Zombiest's Youtube Channel
Re: university project - please help
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »

Yeah man, that's pretty cool... well, not so pretty :)

1- I make and use circuit bent instruments (duh). Perform, record, etc.

2/3 - without using the machine, it's difficult to pass comment. It's got a multitude of functions which is always good. It would certainly suffice for gigging both improv noise soundscapes and beat-laden craziness. What does that thing weigh, for that could be it's downfall for gigs...

4/5 - It's got a lot of variety in it's functions and it sounds ace  but it's layout looks quite clumsy in areas and lacks uniformity. It would certainly benefit from an overlay to separate each section, not only to improve aesthetics but to better it's playability.  The drum and keyboard section look great aside from the cluttered buttons, perhaps rotary switches would help cut back on clutter and components. The dub siren and voice changer are a bit too close together from what I can see, but again, it all sounds beautiful and that the most important thing!

6 - ooh, there's always stuff to add. Patchable LFO, sequencer, delay... it's all good.

Hope i've not come across too critical but with a little refining, that machine would be the business!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »

I've made this thread sticky for a while so you might get some more responses. I'll answer the questions once i've had a chance to look at the video properly
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

brewmachine

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »

nice one mate thats very good of you....
hand in is  friday mid-day so you can un-stick it then... cheers  ;D
brew