Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: s-cat again / Dub Sirens  (Read 36458 times)

S-CAT

Re: s-cat again
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5DOCqjWHfaw&feature=related

now this is what i call a dub siren. At least there are some people who put a bit of craftwork into their art.

agreed.  :o
I can appreciate your concearns here, but can you first get the facts correct. Where is there a post that says that our sirens are the best? You can not just mix up all of the negative points that have been made about S-CAt and then fabricate your own argument against us. We list our sirens (which we have now stopped selling) as circuit bent and not self build, we bought 30 6 tone sirens at around £3.99 each from ebay and modified the units and put them into new boxes, some had audio trigger inputs, some had pitch hold control, some had wooden side cheeks and all had pitch modulation, we sold all of them ranging from £40.00 each up to a recent one that sold for around £230.00 each time they were lised the start price on ebay was around £20.00 which was cost price. We are now about to publish the results of our bends on our Youtube site and are sure that others will copy and sell on ebay.

S-CAT

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »

guess i won't be posting some pictures of the siren i just built for someone then.  :D

Weird isn't it. Despite the fact that its an effect that you could produce with more or less any synth, hardware or software,  people are still willing to pay stupid money for a box with about 10 components in it.

Been feeling a bit stressed recently gorden?  ;)

(EDIT)

I was considering letting scat back on the forum after he sent me a few emails that were calmer than the usual ranting paranoia that he sends me, but then i found these posts while taking a look on Zoinky420's yahoo group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/circuitbending/message/1032
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/circuitbending/message/1034

as the man says 'Why not take a look and make your own mind up?'  ;D :D ;D ;D :D
The referance was to our machines, what is your view?

Arron

S-CAT

Re: s-cat again / Dub Sirens
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 03:28:59 PM »

Bah, I am still banned from zoinky420's Yahoo group ;-)
Why did you get banned?

S-CAT

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »

Wow, Zoinky and SCAT on the same forum together! If only all that energy could be harnessed for mankind, we could have solved global warming!

Cheers, Graham
We are the reason for global warming!

S-CAT

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 03:32:55 PM »

Nah, I'm sure he'd only try an sell you the secret. With six distortion mods of course  ;)
I take it that you do not agree with distortion mods then? There are people who say that the same effect can be achieved with a pedal or distortion unit, but we have found that when using a bend point for distortion, that there is hardly any background noise. We sell to musicians and not circuit benders (unless they want to know what is inside) and the less noise in the recording the better, would you not agree?

S-CAT

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »

We have now taken a series of photographs, showing the construction of the S-CAT siren that was circuit bent using the 6 tone siren that is available on ebay. You are welcome to contact us if interested.

Why not start a thread on this forum and post details here if you are willing to share the information on this?
I am sure that we will, but we did want to start a feature on our youtube site and hopefully get more hits. Is it a simple process to get pictures up on this site?

Arron

deathbender

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »

Nah, I'm sure he'd only try an sell you the secret. With six distortion mods of course  ;)
I take it that you do not agree with distortion mods then? There are people who say that the same effect can be achieved with a pedal or distortion unit, but we have found that when using a bend point for distortion, that there is hardly any background noise. We sell to musicians and not circuit benders (unless they want to know what is inside) and the less noise in the recording the better, would you not agree?

You don't get the point here. Google for the term 'sarcasm', this will help you to understand PolyPhuckin's posting.

S-CAT

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

You don't get the point here. Google for the term 'sarcasm', this will help you to understand PolyPhuckin's posting.
Does my reply not answer the sarcasm then?

S-CAT

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2009, 06:24:01 PM »

We have now taken a series of photographs, showing the construction of the S-CAT siren that was circuit bent using the 6 tone siren that is available on ebay. You are welcome to contact us if interested.

Why not start a thread on this forum and post details here if you are willing to share the information on this?
I am sure that we will, but we did want to start a feature on our youtube site and hopefully get more hits. Is it a simple process to get pictures up on this site?

Arron

We have just done it!
Pages: 1 2 [3]