Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)  (Read 105828 times)

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:40:34 AM »

I haggled down somebody I found on craigslist... picking up a TR-606 and an Oberheim DX this week, $200 for both!

Anybody scored some cheap gear recently?

S-CAT

Re: I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »

I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)
« on: Today at 02:40:34 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haggled down somebody I found on craigslist... picking up a TR-606 and an Oberheim DX this week, $200 for both!

We managed to get a TR-909 for £125.00 including delivery to us here in the UK. from the USA.

deathbender

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

A Casio SA-10 for 2€ and a cute little 4 channel mixer (heavy duty metal casing, battery/line powered, separate tone control per channel, 1/4" jacks, MM40 Micro Mixer from Japan...) for 5€

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »

i always rather enjoy it when someone thinks they are ripping you off but in reality you've just walked off with something absurdly cheap.

I got a Korg Prophecy for £65 the other week. As i was trying it out i was wondering why the guy selling it wouldn't take his hand away from the output jacks and lo and behold when i got it home there was no sound. 20 minutes later i had both jacks replaced and a fully working Prophecy.

Some people should probably search the internet for common faults with machines they are selling before they try and rip people off on a machine they think is broken a whole lot worse than it is.   ::)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

deathbender

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »

As i was trying it out i was wondering why the guy selling it wouldn't take his hand away from the output jacks and lo and behold when i got it home there was no sound. 20 minutes later i had both jacks replaced and a fully working Prophecy.

Something similar often happens when you buy "broken" Gameboys on E-Bay. Just put some batteries in, wiggle them around with your thumb and voila, it's perfectly working! Or these idiots that sell them as broken with the comment "only shows a black bar on the screen when turned on". When you don't have a cartridge in the slot and turn on a Gameboy, there ALWAYS IS just a black bar... sigh... another mint condition Gameboy for 1€

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »

Hmm my good deals are from the dumpster..  :P

Stuff I found during this week, not everything thou..

Stationary PC: 2 Ghz/1048 Gb Ram/80 GB HDD - Just totally wasted by virus.. Reformatted and working like new..

Laptop: 1 Ghz / Ram  can't remember/ - Missing HDD and optical drive.. Can get in to the bios so it is working fine..

Older 40 station CB radio, great condition.

Tandberg (Cross Field) Series 3300X Reel to Reel Tape Recorder - I have no tape, but everything seems to work.

Erres - model ? Reel to Reel Tape Recorder HAVE SOUND ON SOUND  ;D - I have no tape, but everything seems to work.

4 * 19" LCD monitors.. 1 Samsung Syncmaster 930BF working perfectly, 2 with dead backlight (changing CCFL to LED), 1 just dead..

Yes that was just from this week.. But still, not everything.. Now I just need to find some tape reels, and have some fun  ;D

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 10:14:17 AM »

Now I just need to find some tape reels, and have some fun  ;D

eBay.  Make sure you get a splicing block, some razors, tape and a chinagraph too - everyone should know how to edit on tape ;-)

Many years ago when I was a spotty geeky teenager I used to record stuff on 1/4" tape and edit them into loops Radiophonic Workshop-style, and feed them through homebrew echo and distortion effects, along with rather out-of-time keyboard playing and computery beepy noises.  I wish I still had the recordings of that.  Maybe I could reconstruct them.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

I wish I still had the recordings of that.  Maybe I could reconstruct them.

I practically insist you do!

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

Found an electric guitar two days ago.. Missing two strings, and with a nasty coke spill.. Some alchohol and it was gone..

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:20:45 AM »

Sick sick sick...

Today I found a "Yamaha TG100 Tone Generator" and a "BOSS RDD-10 Digital Delay" in the bin.. In fully working condition !

Two weeks ago I found a "Korg DDD-1 Drum Machine" in the bin aswell It has the sampling board and 4 rom cards but sadly not the ram card..

Oh how I love my newly found dumpster.. I'm NOT sharing it's location with ANYONE..

EDIT: Ok the Yamaha TG100 output dosen't work.. It has an audio in, and that works fine thru the headphones out, but not the Line out.. Also I can see that it's recieving midi notes, but I get no sound generated from the TG100 at all.. Not from the line out or the headphones out..

Maybe some of the more educated people of this board have any idea why ? I've cleaned it completely, and there's no obvious malfunctioning components..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:34:17 AM by LoFi-Ninja »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 11:33:05 AM »

Something tells me you're going to need an oscilloscope for this, so you can check if you're actually getting anything going into the output section of the circuit or coming out of the synth chips. Its going to be a bit difficult tracking down where you're actually getting a signal otherwise.

Can you start another thread for this? In fact i've just added another board for this very purpose
http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,22.0.html
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 07:37:17 PM »

If you're just tracing the signal path, a small amplifier and speaker will work.  I've used a mixer input for this, but I don't recommend it - sometimes you get loud clicks and pops that will damage your speakers.  Maybe the amp from a set of el-cheapo PC speakers would be good.  If you kill them, buy a new £2.99 from Argos set.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Tyler1144

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 09:18:46 PM »

I found a thrift store out in north dakota with 5 speak and spells (1 broken), a dirty speak and read and a stack of about 10 ti touch and tells they THREW AWAY. I bought the speaks and the read for about $15 total (but it didnt work so its now a wall decoration) and i took the touch and tells out of the garbage and kept those, half dont work :( but still WOW GOOD DEAL!!

4 perfect speak and spells and 5 perfect touch and tells!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:21:19 PM by Tyler1144 »

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 02:12:31 AM »

I found a thrift store out in north dakota with 5 speak and spells (1 broken), a dirty speak and read and a stack of about 10 ti touch and tells they THREW AWAY. I bought the speaks and the read for about $15 total (but it didnt work so its now a wall decoration) and i took the touch and tells out of the garbage and kept those, half dont work :( but still WOW GOOD DEAL!!

4 perfect speak and spells and 5 perfect touch and tells!

Jeez wanna send me one? :P
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

LoFi-Ninja

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:34 PM »

I found a Commodore C64C + Datasette and power supply in the dump yesterday.. Weee
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9