Circuitbenders Forum > Banter

I got a DEAL! (The "I want to brag about what I got" thread)

<< < (2/26) > >>

LoFi-Ninja:
Hmm my good deals are from the dumpster..  :P

Stuff I found during this week, not everything thou..

Stationary PC: 2 Ghz/1048 Gb Ram/80 GB HDD - Just totally wasted by virus.. Reformatted and working like new..

Laptop: 1 Ghz / Ram  can't remember/ - Missing HDD and optical drive.. Can get in to the bios so it is working fine..

Older 40 station CB radio, great condition.

Tandberg (Cross Field) Series 3300X Reel to Reel Tape Recorder - I have no tape, but everything seems to work.

Erres - model ? Reel to Reel Tape Recorder HAVE SOUND ON SOUND  ;D - I have no tape, but everything seems to work.

4 * 19" LCD monitors.. 1 Samsung Syncmaster 930BF working perfectly, 2 with dead backlight (changing CCFL to LED), 1 just dead..

Yes that was just from this week.. But still, not everything.. Now I just need to find some tape reels, and have some fun  ;D

Gordonjcp:

--- Quote from: LoFi-Ninja on March 28, 2009, 02:35:15 AM --- Now I just need to find some tape reels, and have some fun  ;D

--- End quote ---

eBay.  Make sure you get a splicing block, some razors, tape and a chinagraph too - everyone should know how to edit on tape ;-)

Many years ago when I was a spotty geeky teenager I used to record stuff on 1/4" tape and edit them into loops Radiophonic Workshop-style, and feed them through homebrew echo and distortion effects, along with rather out-of-time keyboard playing and computery beepy noises.  I wish I still had the recordings of that.  Maybe I could reconstruct them.

computer at sea:

--- Quote ---I wish I still had the recordings of that.  Maybe I could reconstruct them.
--- End quote ---

I practically insist you do!

LoFi-Ninja:
Found an electric guitar two days ago.. Missing two strings, and with a nasty coke spill.. Some alchohol and it was gone..

LoFi-Ninja:
Sick sick sick...

Today I found a "Yamaha TG100 Tone Generator" and a "BOSS RDD-10 Digital Delay" in the bin.. In fully working condition !

Two weeks ago I found a "Korg DDD-1 Drum Machine" in the bin aswell It has the sampling board and 4 rom cards but sadly not the ram card..

Oh how I love my newly found dumpster.. I'm NOT sharing it's location with ANYONE..

EDIT: Ok the Yamaha TG100 output dosen't work.. It has an audio in, and that works fine thru the headphones out, but not the Line out.. Also I can see that it's recieving midi notes, but I get no sound generated from the TG100 at all.. Not from the line out or the headphones out..

Maybe some of the more educated people of this board have any idea why ? I've cleaned it completely, and there's no obvious malfunctioning components..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version